Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    What voids warranty ?

    What voids Yamaha factory warranty ?
    I was think of powder coating parts on my engine .. Will that void warranty ?


  2. #2
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    37,083
    +1
    2,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsvho16 View Post
    What voids Yamaha factory warranty ?
    I was think of powder coating parts on my engine .. Will that void warranty ?
    Powder coating parts will not void your warranty.
    There are many bolt on mods you can run on your ski without voiding warranty. A part would have to be proven to have caused the failure for them to void the warranty. Even Yamaha themselves sells many of the Riva bolt on parts for our skis. See here
    https://www.shopyamaha.com/accessori...5_ss_facet=384

    Keep in mind you can save 10% off Riva parts in this forums online store by using the greenhulk discount code. Plus you Florida boys don't pay tax... so even bigger savings than shopping directly at Riva

  3. #3
    Awesome then I'm coat everything I can haha

  4. #4
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    37,083
    +1
    2,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsvho16 View Post
    Awesome then I'm coat everything I can haha
    I've done a lot of powder coat work on my ski also. exhaust, intake manifold and valve cover. Looks awesome!

  5. #5
    fx160's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    gold coast australia
    Posts
    2,459
    +1
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsvho16 View Post
    Awesome then I'm coat everything I can haha
    Just remember any part you take off that fails would not be covered
    The only issue would be bolt failure for most things
    But just something to think about

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by fx160 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsvho16 View Post
    Awesome then I'm coat everything I can haha
    Just remember any part you take off that fails would not be covered
    The only issue would be bolt failure for most things
    But just something to think about
    That's not true!

    Removing a part to powder coat and reinstalling it wouldn't void your warrantee!

    Reinstalling anything incorrectly could potentially void your warrantee if it leads to a failure directly resulting from an incorrectly installed part.

  7. #7
    I called Barney and they said it was fine ... So as far as color I'm thinking like a neon green

  8. #8

  9. #9
    fx160's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    gold coast australia
    Posts
    2,459
    +1
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fx160 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsvho16 View Post
    Awesome then I'm coat everything I can haha
    Just remember any part you take off that fails would not be covered
    The only issue would be bolt failure for most things
    But just something to think about
    That's not true!

    Removing a part to powder coat and reinstalling it wouldn't void your warrantee!

    Reinstalling anything incorrectly could potentially void your warrantee if it leads to a failure directly resulting from an incorrectly installed part.
    That's what I'm talking about

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsvho16 View Post
    Awesome then I'm coat everything I can haha
    I've done a lot of powder coat work on my ski also. exhaust, intake manifold and valve cover. Looks awesome!
    any pictures jerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 10 hour service, does it void warranty if I do myself?
    By skeeterzx225 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 11:08 PM
  2. Void Warranty?
    By 55Cameo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 08:31 AM
  3. will Riva velocity stacks void warranty?
    By Tarheel in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 03:07 PM
  4. Does the thru hull void warranty???
    By rockstarRXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 10:27 PM
  5. Seadoo to void warranty
    By brad2510 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 05:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •