Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Buying a ski first of year Rxt-260 or RXT-x300. speed or comfort difference???

I will be shopping for a new ski guys first of year, I ride 90percent in salt water, some rough but mostly just weekend recreation. I love the new black and blue RXT260, I hadn't seen any OTD average prices of the two, unless anyone has any ideas???? I was just curious since I am riding it only recreational is the 260 vs the 300 a big deal?? If not then I don't want to spend the extra money, fastest thing I have rode is a 2009 Yamaha FX SHO. so how that compares to the 260 or 300 seadoo I know know. and only other question is does (and I have heard they do) Seadoo offer a promotion first of year maybe for a 3 year warranty etc. thanks guys for any help or discussion I appreciate it.

+1
    Heres my 2 cents...get the 300... I came off a 2010 fxsho...Feb 2016 i bought a new 2015 rxt 260.w a 5 yr warranty... I was was leary about buying a first year ski like the 300.. The rxt handles much better than the fxsho ...i thought the yammie had more top end ...i added a scom to the 260 to get me to about 70 ish on gps....i kept an eye on this forum for any major problems with the 300... In sept i sold my 260 and found a 300 with less than 10 hrs...the comfort of the seat on the new 300 and the ergolock is no comparison to the 260 or yammie...i added a scom to the 300 and am getting almost 77 mph on gps ....the rxt is more tippy with passengers on it than the yammie...if you can find a leftover 2016 300 id jump all over it ..dealers usually offer longer warranties in the winter months...i wouldnt buy the 260 just for the color, you can always buy a wrap

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeel View Post
    Heres my 2 cents...get the 300... I came off a 2010 fxsho...Feb 2016 i bought a new 2015 rxt 260.w a 5 yr warranty... I was was leary about buying a first year ski like the 300.. The rxt handles much better than the fxsho ...i thought the yammie had more top end ...i added a scom to the 260 to get me to about 70 ish on gps....the comfort of the seat on the new 300 and the ergolock is no comparison to the 260 or yammie...i added a scom to the 300 and am getting almost 77 mph on gps ....
    You make some good points. The 2016 RXT 260 does come with the same ergolock seat as the 300 though.

To the OP, this is going to be blasphemy to mention this in the SeaDoo section but it's worth a look into a 2016 or newer FX SVHO. In my opinion, it handles similar to the RXT but has more torque and is better in the rough water. They changed the FX hull for 2012 and it is much better than the older style. It also doesn't need a SCOM since it's not speed limited. It's 60 pounds lighter than the RXT 260 and 80 pounds lighter than the RXT 300.
    Last edited by JFizzleJR; 10-16-2016 at 01:22 PM.

HMMMMMMMMMM that's interesting about the FX SVHO hull and no speed limit. and they offer better warranty from what I can tell, wonder how big a deal the open loop cooling system is, I mean I flush and maintain all my boats and toys top notch but long term wondering hmm.

+1
    Open loop is no issue at all. The Yamaha SVHO motor has bucket loads of torque and loves the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by FPV TRANNY View Post
    Open loop is no issue at all. The Yamaha SVHO motor has bucket loads of torque and loves the mods.
    Looks like the Yamaha might be a player.

Airframe89
    +1
    I just traded in my 2015 RXT-X 260 in for a 2017 RXT-X 300. I really like the 300 for a few reasons.
    There is a very noticeable power and speed increase.
    The ergolock seat REALLY makes a huge difference. This past weekend I did a run with a local jet ski group. During the river part of the run we experienced very rough water conditions (I would actually call it a violent ride). Every one of the riders was very sore yesterday (including my wife on the back of mine). My hamstrings are a little sore as well as where my knees were locked into the seat. My upper body is not sore which is amazing considering the rough ride.
    The fuel consumption is the same or even a little better than my 260.
    I got the end of season/pre-season special with the three year warranty.
    The Lava Red/Black color is awesome!

8. +1 by:

Thanks for the info guys. some good points.. I wish they made the rxt260 black and blue on the 300. I am almost leaning towards the 260 just because of the color lol. just don't know if they 300 is worth the extra money. I really rather have the white 300 if I had to pick one I guess, I am afraid the black hulls would show signs of wear etc, never owned a black hull.

+1
    The Black looks great, but it will scuff and show marks very easily. Even from using the softest of towels to dry it. That's why I went with the white 300. I love the ergo lock seat, but the 260 seat is confortable it just doesn't hold you in nearly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronC View Post
    The Black looks great, but it will scuff and show marks very easily. Even from using the softest of towels to dry it. That's why I went with the white 300. I love the ergo lock seat, but the 260 seat is confortable it just doesn't hold you in nearly as well.
    I think I might go with the white 300 for that reason aaron. and I thought the 260 also has the same seat as the 300. sure looks like it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information