? 09 FXSHO missing line pic ID help please.

I have been searching the Forum all night and I give up. I've seen some references to pulling off some hose on the air filter to check the rotation direction on the supercharger so maybe that is what this is??? Is there a line thClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20161013_165718.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	400862at is supposed to be connected to this nipple? Just bought this 2009 Sho today so I don't have a shop manual yet but I want to ride tomorrow.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161013_165715.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	400861

+1
    That's where the oil breather line hooks up to air filter. Someone might have put a aftermarket breather on at one time.

Do you happen to have a picture of where the oil breather is and what line from the oil breather would normally get connected there? Then I can look to see if I have a stock breather or not. First time dealing with this motor

+1
    is that nipple even drilled out ?? the breather hose from the valve cover goes to the hose on the charger itself, I'm betting its a closes fitting

Not sure if it is drilled out. It is at our Boatyard up north so I'll check that tomorrow. Are u suggesting that if it is not drilled out that it needs nothing attached ... as long as I'm stock everything?

By the way, I plan on changing the oil filter tomorrow as well. Am I able to change this filter without draining all of the oil down into my Hull? The oil is 2 months old and only has a couple hours on it. The filter has a couple Rusty scratches on it though. I wanted to at least change the filter and was curious you can without removing the oil. Planning on using a K&N. HP-1002 filter. Any precautions with that model?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by macGruber View Post
    Not sure if it is drilled out. It is at our Boatyard up north so I'll check that tomorrow. Are u suggesting that if it is not drilled out that it needs nothing attached ... as long as I'm stock everything?
    exactly, if its a blank fitting, don't waste another second on it, the engine breather hose on the 1.8 goes into the molded elbow on the supercharger

Great, thanks. Any problem with removing the filter without first removing the oil from the ski? I just want to do a quick filter change tomorrow before I test it to get rid of a scratched/rusty filter just in case. Oil looks clean and was changed 2 months ago with just a few hours on it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by macGruber View Post
    Great, thanks. Any problem with removing the filter without first removing the oil from the ski? I just want to do a quick filter change tomorrow before I test it to get rid of a scratched/rusty filter just in case. Oil looks clean and was changed 2 months ago with just a few hours on it.
    Thats fine but I would change the oil , your half way there.

Thank you. It ran perfectly all day with that K&N hp-1002 filter. I called the company before I put it on to see if they have any cross reference for it. They said they do not have any current cross reference but they do have one in production for the ShO in testing right now. No ETA on when it will come to Market though. Also, that nipple was not drilled through so it is just a blank nipple.

Thread Information