Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Airframe89
    +1

Exclamation Trouble free RXT/P-X 300 Hours?

After seeing all of the IBR problems, I am very nervous to pick up my new 2017 RXT-X tomorrow.

It's easy to find all of the issues that people are having but I am trying to capture the bigger picture of how many people on this forum have not had any issues (other than hose clamps).

How many trouble free hours do you have on your RXT/P-X 300? How many have had 0 problems?

I am replacing a 2015 RXT-X that has left me in limp mode (throttle body faults even after replacing the throttle body) too many times (even with it's extended warranty till 2020). One of the times I was 46 miles away from the ramp, the other times I was 8-10 miles from the ramp.
    When taking it to the shop (again), this time a different shop, a salesman said he had a leftover 2016 RXT-X discounted about $2300 from MSRP. When I tried to set up a pick-up date, the manager said his leftover 2016 was not sellable and offered me the same deal on a 2017 for the same agreed OTD price.
    I was originally looking to replace my 260 with a SVHO, only negatives were the aesthetics compared to the RXT-X and Price.

Thank You in advance for your feedback on trouble free hour data on your 2016 RXT/P-X 300's. Please, I am not looking for opinions, strictly data.

I bought my 2016 rxt x about 4 months ago 0 problems but I only have 10 hours on it . I don't ride much . Also there was only one person that I know of that had catastrophic failure with his I b r everyone else normal stuff . Also Seadoo will honor there warranty on them . I like mine very much . Best jet ski I ever had out of 6

3. +1 by:

+1
    I didnt know trouble free and RXP/T-X could be said in same sentence.

+1
    50 hours on my P-X 300 catch can and scom installed with 0 problems... Some salt water use too

6. +1 by:

+1
    80 hours on my 2016 rxpx 300, all salt water use no issues
    25 hours on my 2016 rxtx 300, all salt water use no issues

Check/snug all your hose clamps...don't trust your dealer to do this. Hopefully for 2017 this is no longer an issue.

The hose clamps on the heat exchanger should be on the other side of the hump/bulge created by the heat exchanger pipe. If you can't feel the hump in the hose right before the clamp...that means the clamp is probably on top of the hump and will come off. It's real easy to check/do if you pull off the exhaust hose. There is a service bulletin somewhere on this site describing the exact issue. Check your oil as well, they seem to be over filling them from the factory and the overage ends up in the IC. Catch can is a solid option, I run them on all my skis. But the real issue is the oil being over filled by the factory. A real head scratcher I know. Once you square away those two issues, they are awesome machines. I bunch of us have them in the group I ride in. I believe most of the issues can be traced back to guys tinkering.

Feel free to reach out to me if you need help checking that stuff out or have any questions. We ride the sisters creek/Huguenot park area allot. I haven't been out since before the hurricane, all my skis are still stuck in my garage. I'm finally finished with all my hurricane cleanup, hope to be back out tomorrow or most definitely over the weekend.

8. +1 by:

Airframe89
    +1
    Jax PWC? Purchase your P-X and T-X just before the beginning of season BBMS ride?
    Last edited by airframe89; 10-14-2016 at 04:09 PM.

+1
    45 hours RXT300 No issue at all. Modds Riva Stage 2 and some additional add ons. All saltwater. Love this ski..

11. +1 by:

have any of you had any yamaha gp 1800 owners looking for a race yet ?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryffish View Post
    ... yamaha gp 1800 owners ...
    Not shipping yet, as far as I know.

+1
    94 hrs. got it in March. Been to Bimini and back.

15. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information