Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Winterizing - RXP-X 300

I am familiar with the steps for winterizing a 2 stroke but have not done this on my new 300 and have a few questions

*When blowing air through the left flush port does the engine have to be running?
    There is also a port on the right but the shop manual does not say anything about blowing air on this side as well?

*On older 4 strokes, they say to remove the inter-cooler outlet air hose and run the engine to blast water out. The 300 is self draining to the air inlet hose so it just needs to be removed to drain- is this enough to expel any water?

*Once this is done, should I run RV antifreeze into both flush ports with the engine running for added protection? The shop manual does not mention this step at all.

+1
    Anybody ??

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwgsx View Post
    Anybody ??
    Does the owner's manual not cover winterizing?

+1
    It does not answer the questions I had posed about or even why there is a flush port on the right side as well. When I asked the dealer his exact words were " its all self draining, just add fuel stabil and store it"

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwgsx View Post
    It does not answer the questions I had posed about or even why there is a flush port on the right side as well. When I asked the dealer his exact words were " its all self draining, just add fuel stabil and store it"
    Ask the dealer to put his exact words into an email to you for future reference.

You'll get the correct procedures then.......

+1
    True that, I sat there and asked, knowing a general idea of blowing it out with air and antifreeze. He said nope, nothing, it drains itself. I then asked about the other flush port in which he replied, its just another drain plug.

+1
    My understanding is the flush on the right side is for the intercooler. I'm about ready to winterize my TX300 for the first time and am planning on blowing out both flush adapters with air, fogging the cylinders, and treating 5 gallons of non ethanol 91 fuel in the tank. Not sure if I'm going to pour any anti freeze into the exhaust or intercooler.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Target View Post
    My understanding is the flush on the right side is for the intercooler. I'm about ready to winterize my TX300 for the first time and am planning on blowing out both flush adapters with air, fogging the cylinders, and treating 5 gallons of non ethanol 91 fuel in the tank. Not sure if I'm going to pour any anti freeze into the exhaust or intercooler.
    I'd run some RV anti freeze through it. Cheap, easy to do and a good insurance policy just in case the water doesn't all get out.

+1
    I ran RV freeze through mine and had a decent stream out that right side IC bleed. I still blew it out with air both sides afterwards. Might be overkill but it's what I've done for years, to even 2 strokes, flush then blow it out. I run it while flushing but when blowing air what residual water sits in there is not going to backflow and hurt anything.

+1
    The manual states the intercooler is self draining into the intercooler inlet hose, it says to diconnect the hose at the intercooler and let it drain...it doesnt say to run anti freeze or air thru the right side (intercooler ) flush port..but it does say to blow out the left side (exhaust ) port...so my question is can it hurt anything if your last step is running antifreeze thru both ports

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information