Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2011 300x ultra white creamy in oil

picked up used 2011 300x ultra real cheap!!!! went to get winterized and found that oil was filled with white creamy oil. they said water got in the oil but im afraid alot more. changed spark plugs and 2 oil changes and was told to come back in spring for another oil change

I would not wait until next Spring to run the engine. I would put it on a hose and let it run awhile. Or better yet, take it out for a ride and see how it runs. If alot of water got into the engine you could have some issues that should be dealt with right away. Good luck with that. JB

+1
    you need to get heat into the engine to burn off the water otherwise you may end up with some very rusted internals.

Thanks for the advice any idea how the water got in the oil should i be worry, if anything with the engin crack or water coolant leaking in. Engine and super charger sounds good. The guy who change spark plugs was great didnt crack any in the head just said keep changing oil untill clears up.

+1
    how did the water get there?

Thinking the jet ski was submerged. Took out old rusty spark plug coated everything in fogging. Is there anything that I can put in the oil to get the white creamy oil

+1
    yep drain it and run it a few times until it comes clean, storing it is asking for trouble.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Definitely don't leave the ski with cloudy oil!
    I had to do the same as you to my ski after a tow put water into the engine oil. Just keep running it until it's hot (I think the recommendation is to run it hard in the sea/on the lake rather than on the hose, but I had no choice but run it on the hose) then change the oil. Repeat until it runs clear.
    When I did mine I used cheap motor oil for the flushes - it was a reasonable quality non-marine oil that a local retailer had on sale 4 litres for NZD$20 so I took comfort in the fact that I wasn't putting crap oil in the old girl, even if was only for 10 minutes at a time!
    When the oil no longer goes cloudy, do a final flush of the cheap non-marine oil and put in the expensive marine stuff.
    I had to do 4 or 5 flushes (can't remember the exact number, but it certainly wasn't just a couple or 3) before the oil stopped getting contaminated.
    I think there's a bit of an art to work out when to change the filter during this process. I didn't want to contaminate a new filter with contaminated oil, but also didn't want crappy residual oil in the filter contaminating what would have otherwise been a clean flush! I think I changed filter after the third flush, but an expert might be able to give us some guidance here.
    Hope this helps. I'm not an expert by any stretch, but hopefully what I learned will help you too.

Edit:
    Just remembered something else that I did.
    To ensure that as much contaminated oil as possible is picked up each time, pump all oil out of the sump, then tilt the ski in whatever direction is necessary to get as much oil as possible to the dipstick (and therefore the pump pickup) end of the engine. Then pump out until nothing is picked up.
    Last edited by dfc1971; 10-27-2016 at 04:09 PM.

You probably have a broken engine block and water is going through the the head into the engine and thats how you have cloudy oil!!
    You need to check the compression on every cylinder, and then you will have a better idea of the problem..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dfc1971 View Post

Edit:
    Just remembered something else that I did. An expert might shoot me down for this advice though, so don't do this if someone else comes in to this thread and advises otherwise.
    To ensure that as much contaminated oil as possible is picked up each time, pump all oil out of the sump, then tilt the ski in whatever direction is necessary to get as much oil as possible to the dipstick (and therefore the pump pickup) end of the engine. Then pump out until nothing is picked up. Then level the ski and run it for a few seconds (I was brave enough to run it for 4 or 5 seconds without a sump full of oil) to pump out the oil "in the pipes" . Tilt the ski again to get the oil to the dipstick end, wait a few minutes for oil that is in the system to settle to the bottom of the engine, then pump out the remaining oil. I think I repeated the process until the ECU whinged about oil pressure, at which point I stopped the engine immediately, pumped out what I could, then refilled the oil.
    As I said above, this might be an "at your own risk" procedure!
    NEVER,EVER DO THIS! Worst information ever given - two metal parts rubbing together will result in tears! The oil is there to keep them apart! Repeat - do not ever run your ski without oil in it!

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information