+1

Question Anybody ever heard of "Xtreme Imports?"

They just sent me a low-ball offer on my pair of FX HOs that I have for sale. I was wondering if I should bother replying to the text. Apparently they're in Puerto Rico. Here is what I've found about them:

https://www.instagram.com/xtremeimports/

https://www.facebook.com/xtremeimportspr/

+1
    Be careful. I've sold a lot of skis using craigslist, louisianasportsman, Ebay, etc... Every time you list something, you will get contacted by scammers. You can read about the different types of scams. They will pay you with a fake or stolen paypal account, or bank account. I've read where they will pay you with a stolen account, the money will be transferred into your account, they pick up your item, then the bank comes back and takes the money they sent to you. You loose all around.

These guys might be legit, just be careful how you accept payment from them, and who you let take your skis.

This is the worst time of year to sell skis. They will move quick in April and May if you can hold on for that long.

+1
    Thanks! The thing that is different about this one is that it didn't open up with, "Is the item still available?" like the first 3 texts I got. It had an actual offer. And they have a FaceBook page and Instagram. But I don't think those are good indications of legitimacy.

When selling vehicles (including a big truck) in the past, it was always done using wire transfer. I'm under the impression from the bank that once the money is wired into your account, there is no taking it back. But still, I'm concerned.

April or May? If I still have them then, I will most likely not sell them at all. If they don't sell soon then the purpose for selling them will have passed.

Thread Information