Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just purchased a SEADOO 2011 RXT-X 260 and having issues

Hello,
    First time owner of PWC. Just purchased SEADOO 2011 RXT-X260 with 127 hours. Wanted to try it out this Thursday. It ran for about 5 [email protected] about 55 mph and i noticed oil pressure light is blinking, at that pointcheck engine light came on and RPMs would not go over 3000 and would not runover 5 mph.
    I tried running back to shore for few min, but then gave upand started towing behind friends sea doo. After about 15 min of towing at nomore then 5 mhp we got to the slip and the ski started sinking.
    I contacted the dealer and he came next day and picked upthe ski. He told me that he took the ski to a certified sea doo dealer adnwaiting for response. I asked if i could have my money back and was told"NO", and that ski is sold "AS IS"
    He is saying that sinking might be related to impropertowing.

Has anyone seen anything similar? Have i done anythingincorrect? Any advice is very appreciated.....

So far owning a PWC is not a pleasant experience....

Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	400508   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trailer.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	400507  

+1
    Had issues with mine in the beginning. Once you get it going you'll be addicted like me!!

+1
    Check the clear bailer hoses at the back of the ski. They should loop upward in the hull otherwise water may get pushed through them.

my buddy sank his the exhaust hose came off the engine compartment filled up with exhaust and engine stopped running and shortly ski sunk long story short CHECK EXHAUST clamps

5. +1 by:

Thank you for reply's. Does anyone owns RXT-X 260? Should it be able to go over 55 mph? Or there is a limiter somewhere? I was told there might be an issue with an oil pressure sensor and that is the reason check engine came on and it entered some mode in order not to cause damage to the engine? Still dont know why it started sinking,,,
    That is what the seller is telling me.
    I been reading that bilge pump is a good addition, any idea what the cost can be to get it installed? Not ready to start drilling myself yet.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ogeccut View Post
    Thank you for reply's. Does anyone owns RXT-X 260? Should it be able to go over 55 mph? Or there is a limiter somewhere? I was told there might be an issue with an oil pressure sensor and that is the reason check engine came on and it entered some mode in order not to cause damage to the engine? Still dont know why it started sinking,,,
    That is what the seller is telling me.
    I been reading that bilge pump is a good addition, any idea what the cost can be to get it installed? Not ready to start drilling myself yet.

It maxed out at 55 mph? Do you remember what RPMs it was running at, it should be at 8k.

Don't panic yet but... that speed is common if the SC is dead. If the charger went south it might have sent metal through the oil pump and perhaps cause the oil pressure alarm. This would be worse case scenario, hopefuly it's not that but if you're maxing out at 55 mph and around 6k rpm it's a bad sign.

I uses to own a 2011 Seadoo Rxt-X and I really can't say what happened with your oil light coming on unless you were very low on oil. As for the ski taking on water you cannot tow that watercraft ever unless you have a shut off installed on the hose in the engine compartment. If not it will fill the ski up with water and sink it's in the owner manual about it.

+1
    Welcome to GH forum

Have a 2011 for 4 years now.

Stock IC is scrap. It will leak / fail. Spraying (salt) water through your throttle body and engine. Obviously not good (I changed it straight away when I purchased this ski, thanks to GH members info).
    SC should have been rebuild (100 hrs / 2 years). It the clutch washers let go, the debris goes through oil pumps and your entire motor (by the oil). This can cause the low oil alarm.
    Towing a ski without precautions can end up bad. The exhaust system and engine can fill up with water through the cooling lines (reverse flow).
    As for the sinking part, or the ski filled through the bailer hose system (auto bilge vacuum system, this only works when water flows through the jet). Or the carbon seal gave up, these skiīs are also known for poor alignment from factory. Causing premature wear on the carbon seal.

You donīt have much luck with your first ski. But as many toys, these things need proper maintenance and inspections.
    Hope it works out well for you with repairs!!

you cannot tow that watercraft even at 5mph? shut off must be installed on which hose? How complicated is installation? Should it be done at a dealer? Thank you.

ENV81 intercooler and supercharger have been rebuild and changed by a dealer and seller gave me all the paperwork. What kind of precautions should be taken for towing?
    I also have some general questions, not sure if this is the right spot on the forum. Any recommendation on the anchor for the ski?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information