Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Seadoo Spark...a true long distance runner!

Thought you spark fans might like my experience. Just got back from a three week voyage on my spark. Packed everthing i needed to camp and survive and headed out from illinois to the gulf of mexico and back. Over 2000 miles, 30 locks,and the most important:The spark performed flawlessly! A true trusted steed. So grab all your camping gear strap it on your spark and see the world. It will rise to the challenge and then some! I should probably let seadoo know just how awesome their spark is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160829_152028.jpg 
Views:	1110 
Size:	188.6 KB 
ID:	400331  

+1
    Wow that sounds like a wild trip indeed? ?

+1
    Awesome, looks like a good time!

+1
    looks like a great adventure. how many people were you with?

That is a lot of miles.
    How much weight in gear was on the ski?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by spark x4 View Post
    ... grab all your camping gear strap it on your spark ...
    Strapped on, indeed.

How many hours did you put on the Spark during this trip? Also how did you do with fuel economy, I see you had a few fuel jugs strapped to the back? I know there are long gaps between marinas on the Mississippi so curious if you ever came close to running out.

Thanks for the questions cause I do love sharing this once in a lifetime dream trip.
    I traveled solo, much more freedom and it forced me to meet total strangers which always seems to be a highlight of these adventures.
    I had about 150 pounds of "necessities" but as usual at least 30 percent of it could have been left at home!
    Got close to 10 m.p.g. fortunately that was easy to calculate cause of the river mile markers.Kept the speed around 25 knots.
    Needed those gas cans down in southern alabama(thank God for Bobby's fish camp.) I took the ten-tom waterway which runs parallel to the mississippi river. The ten-tom is more scenic, more direct, and a little less rural (more marinas)it dumped me out in mobile bay(where i just about got my ass handed to me thanks to the waves) l then ventured about 250 miles along the intracoastal all the way out to appalachiacola florida. By the time i got all the way back to illinois i had put on just over 100 hours on my trusted craft. 100 hours of pure smiles!

Thanks for the questions cause I do love sharing this once in a lifetime dream trip.
    I traveled solo, much more freedom and it forced me to meet total strangers which always seems to be a highlight of these adventures.
    I had about 150 pounds of "necessities" but as usual at least 30 percent of it could have been left at home!
    Got close to 10 m.p.g. fortunately that was easy to calculate cause of the river mile markers.Kept the speed around 25 knots.
    Needed those gas cans down in southern alabama(thank God for Bobby's fish camp.) I took the ten-tom waterway which runs parallel to the mississippi river. The ten-tom is more scenic, more direct, and a little less rural (more marinas)it dumped me out in mobile bay(where i just about got my ass handed to me thanks to the waves) l then ventured about 250 miles along the intracoastal all the way out to appalachiacola florida. By the time i got all the way back to illinois i had put on just over 100 hours on my trusted craft. 100 hours of pure smiles!
    Wow dude, you are amazing.... Seadoo should read this amazing trip, this should be featured on tv somehow.. Seadoo/BRP are you hearing?

Wow! That is for sure the trip of a lifetime. How sore are you after 3 weeks on the Spark? Its crazy to think of 100 hrs of run time in 3 weeks. I average ~100hrs a season but over a 6 month period...

Anyone who doesn't think the Spark is a real pwc or is cheap junk should hear about this adventure.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information