Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

new Pro 785 motor source?

does anyone know where to get a new motor for a 1997 pro 785?
    Last edited by K447; 10-02-2016 at 09:39 PM.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    The old engine is not repairable?

everything is repairable just don't make sence to put that much money into it unless i have to

+1

I think you're going to have to

More experienced members please correct me if I am wrong but there is no company I have found offering a new or even rebuilt 785 Pro motor. I have seen a couple used engines but I've always considered a used motor to be a roll of the dice. If you have a 785 with motor issues and you want it to run still, you're going to have to bust out some tools and part with some money

Quote Originally Posted by snakefinderks View Post
    everything is repairable just don't make sence to put that much money into it unless i have to

Kanchanaburi Thailand for the next 2 years
    +1
    There is no one that offers rebuilt 785 motors, which means you will have to rebuild it.
    1 How is the crankshaft ? spin the bearings by hand and listen and feel for any rough spots, if the motor is still together, get a dial indcator from Harbor frieght and check crank phase. if good, the crank can be reused, if bearings are spun or out of phase you are looking about 400.00 for a crank rebuild
    2, check your cylinders, again Harbor frieght is your friend, buy the digital caplier, and bore gauges and check your bore. Use the factory manual for specs. ( As side note checked the Harbor frieght stuff on our high dollar stuff, came out same), use your finger nail and if you can catch a nick, will need to be replated, US Chrome is about 250.00 per cylinder .
    3, Use WSM cast 750 stock bore pistons on the rebuild, the base gaskets, you can use 780 stuff, for the rest of the gaskets, make your own, amazon, sells the stuff you need, and auto zone has the gasket material you need. On the head, use a aftermarket head that uses o rings, Bob, or lugs ,or myself will sell you o ring head. if you using a stock head, ebay or amazon will be your friend on the gasket set about 65.00 for a complete set.
    4, follow the factory manual on the rebuild, and check your jetting and pop off , and make sure to pressure test your pipes, 10 for 10, 10 psi for 10 minutes.
    5, remember, this is a factory race boat that spins 7750 plus , no other 2 stroke spins that high, they ride like &*^ , and you need a bottle of jack to work on them, but no other 2 stroke can touch them .

6. +1 by:

sloan have you ever broke a rod

+1
    sloan have you ever broke a rod

you can get new rods from sbt , i've used several sets with no problems

+1
    I rebuilt a motor last year. It was a pain in the ass but god was it worth every swear word and thrown tool across the garage. Love my 785. SBT rods and wsm 750 pistons for sure!

10. +1 by:

+1
    Set aside a $1000.00 and have fun
    down load a manual

Quote Originally Posted by onedollar View Post
    More experienced members please correct me if I am wrong but there is no company I have found offering a new or even rebuilt 785 Pro motor. I have seen a couple used engines but I've always considered a used motor to be a roll of the dice. If you have a 785 with motor issues and you want it to run still, you're going to have to bust out some tools and part with some money

took me forever to find all the parts for mine. Now I just gotta get it back together

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information