I just got 2 waverunners CHECK IT OUT 750ss and 750xi

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kawasakiwaverunner.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	242.3 KB 
ID:	400142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kawasakiwaverunner1.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	400143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kawasakiwaverunner2.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	400144   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kawasakiwaverunner3.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	400145   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kawasakiwaverunner4.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	400146   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kawasakiwaverunner5.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	400147  

I got lucky and stumbled upon these. They were part of an old mans estate and they were having trouble selling them because it just got cold here in NJ. These waverunners are super super clean. The guys son said that they have 25 hours on them. They are both 1994 models. Dusty from sitting in the garage lol. Anyway I got them just for the fun of it and I like older stuff that is really clean. Send some comments please.

+1
    They look to be in really good condition, Chris!

I noticed that the oil tank in SS Xi is empty. I would guess that the oil seeped into the carbs & then into the crankcase, filling it up. If you haven't cranked them up yet, I'd remove the spark plugs, ground them on the grounding lugs, cover the top of the engine with a towel, then crank it. If it's full of oil, you'll need to crank it until it clears out (stop after 30 seconds or so and let the starter cool down).

Make sure the steering works freely before you ride them. Also, I would highly recommend that you replace the oil lines with polyurethane hose and secure them with stainless steel safety wire. The original hose will get brittle and crack when it gets old. You'll probably have to flush out the entire fuel system and probably have to overhaul the carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    They look to be in really good condition, Chris!

I noticed that the oil tank in SS Xi is empty. I would guess that the oil seeped into the carbs & then into the crankcase, filling it up. If you haven't cranked them up yet, I'd remove the spark plugs, ground them on the grounding lugs, cover the top of the engine with a towel, then crank it. If it's full of oil, you'll need to crank it until it clears out (stop after 30 seconds or so and let the starter cool down).

Make sure the steering works freely before you ride them. Also, I would highly recommend that you replace the oil lines with polyurethane hose and secure them with stainless steel safety wire. The original hose will get brittle and crack when it gets old. You'll probably have to flush out the entire fuel system and probably have to overhaul the carbs.
    Yea I already turned them both over. The son that sold them to me swore that they were started last year but it is obvious that they had 5 year old gas in them. A total fuel system over haul is in order and the oil lines will definitely be one of the first things to change. I will also do a compression test on them.

Steering is free but I remember one of them could use a little lube.

Is the xi significantly faster than the ss? I know it has the twin carbs but not sure how much of a difference it would make.

+1
    Neither one of them is 'fast'. I think the single carb is about 65 HP and the twin carb is 80 HP. 40-45 MPH.

It's quite possible that they would start on the trailer with the old gas, but I doubt that they would actually run under load with it.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Neither one of them is 'fast'. I think the single carb is about 65 HP and the twin carb is 80 HP. 40-45 MPH.

It's quite possible that they would start on the trailer with the old gas, but I doubt that they would actually run under load with it.
    Yea, when I have time I am going to do compression and spark test and the maybe run them off of a gas can. Then redo the fuel system.

Thread Information