Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Rxpx 300 mods

  1. #1

    Rxpx 300 mods

    Hi all relatively new to the scene I know there is probably a million threads just like this but I couldn't find specifics so I have a few questions about suitable mods for my 300.


    i have purchased the worx free flow exhaust. Going to fit it tommorow. I understand there's no real power increase but I got it cheap so I will fit and see how loud the thing is. Other than that. Is it wise to put a 4" intake on without a tune? I was thinking just the kanaflex diy because the Riva ones are far to expensive.

    In the future I will get a tune and an intake grate and a new prop. The only reason I haven't changed prop is I have no real usual riding scenario and figured most prop choices were either made on top speed or acceleration. Correct me if I'm wrong.

    I did read that a BOV was a waste of time what are your opinions on this?

    Are there any other relatively cheap mods I'm missing. Thanks in advance


  2. #2
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,380
    +1
    874
    Look i would not waist any money on it until you do one thing. Tune it. The SCOM is $200 the tune is $600, but the $400 difference is worth it if your gonna do more in the futur. With a tune it will run 75mph and be much more fun. Then build from there.
    my personal thought.
    Tune
    4inch air intake
    IMUK
    pitch stock prop to 8300-8400

    You will love the 79+ mph ski you have. I will say prop is key and it seams like many do not understand this. Get prop dial to 8300-8400 and you will love it.

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    37,140
    +1
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    Hi all relatively new to the scene I know there is probably a million threads just like this but I couldn't find specifics so I have a few questions about suitable mods for my 300.


    i have purchased the worx free flow exhaust. Going to fit it tommorow. I understand there's no real power increase but I got it cheap so I will fit and see how loud the thing is. Other than that. Is it wise to put a 4" intake on without a tune? I was thinking just the kanaflex diy because the Riva ones are far to expensive.

    In the future I will get a tune and an intake grate and a new prop. The only reason I haven't changed prop is I have no real usual riding scenario and figured most prop choices were either made on top speed or acceleration. Correct me if I'm wrong.

    I did read that a BOV was a waste of time what are your opinions on this?

    Are there any other relatively cheap mods I'm missing. Thanks in advance

    Have a look at this kit, it has everything you need to get started. MaptunerX tuner, power filter and impeller. Best of all, it's on sale here in the forums online store.
    I don't recommend the use of a BOV on the Seadoo skis.


    RXP-X 300 Stage 2 Kit

    This kit delivers a significant level of performance (+12mph on U.S. models) through easy to install, bolt-on engine, exhaust, and pump enhancements....
    RS-RPM-RXPX300-2 $1,749.75
    Sale: $1,574.78
    10% discount



  5. #4
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,380
    +1
    874
    Hell of a deal

  6. +1 by:


  7. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    Hi all relatively new to the scene I know there is probably a million threads just like this but I couldn't find specifics so I have a few questions about suitable mods for my 300.


    i have purchased the worx free flow exhaust. Going to fit it tommorow. I understand there's no real power increase but I got it cheap so I will fit and see how loud the thing is. Other than that. Is it wise to put a 4" intake on without a tune? I was thinking just the kanaflex diy because the Riva ones are far to expensive.

    In the future I will get a tune and an intake grate and a new prop. The only reason I haven't changed prop is I have no real usual riding scenario and figured most prop choices were either made on top speed or acceleration. Correct me if I'm wrong.

    I did read that a BOV was a waste of time what are your opinions on this?

    Are there any other relatively cheap mods I'm missing. Thanks in advance

    Have a look at this kit, it has everything you need to get started. MaptunerX tuner, power filter and impeller. Best of all, it's on sale here in the forums online store.
    I don't recommend the use of a BOV on the Seadoo skis.


    RXP-X 300 Stage 2 Kit

    This kit delivers a significant level of performance (+12mph on U.S. models) through easy to install, bolt-on engine, exhaust, and pump enhancements....
    RS-RPM-RXPX300-2 $1,749.75
    Sale: $1,574.78
    10% discount





    looks good. I think tune and prop is that way to go. What's the general benefit from an intake grate? Thanks again guys I appreciate the feedback. Also has anyone fitted the worx free flow exhaust. I seem to be struggling with inter cooler clearance

  8. #6
    moparguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    1,463
    +1
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    Hi all relatively new to the scene I know there is probably a million threads just like this but I couldn't find specifics so I have a few questions about suitable mods for my 300.


    i have purchased the worx free flow exhaust. Going to fit it tommorow. I understand there's no real power increase but I got it cheap so I will fit and see how loud the thing is. Other than that. Is it wise to put a 4" intake on without a tune? I was thinking just the kanaflex diy because the Riva ones are far to expensive.

    In the future I will get a tune and an intake grate and a new prop. The only reason I haven't changed prop is I have no real usual riding scenario and figured most prop choices were either made on top speed or acceleration. Correct me if I'm wrong.

    I did read that a BOV was a waste of time what are your opinions on this?

    Are there any other relatively cheap mods I'm missing. Thanks in advance

    Have a look at this kit, it has everything you need to get started. MaptunerX tuner, power filter and impeller. Best of all, it's on sale here in the forums online store.
    I don't recommend the use of a BOV on the Seadoo skis.


    RXP-X 300 Stage 2 Kit

    This kit delivers a significant level of performance (+12mph on U.S. models) through easy to install, bolt-on engine, exhaust, and pump enhancements....
    RS-RPM-RXPX300-2 $1,749.75
    Sale: $1,574.78
    10% discount





    looks good. I think tune and prop is that way to go. What's the general benefit from an intake grate? Thanks again guys I appreciate the feedback. Also has anyone fitted the worx free flow exhaust. I seem to be struggling with inter cooler clearance
    I am running the R&D grate on mine, no difference speed wise. But wow no more blow-out, the way the machine hooks especially in the chop night and day. Best $200 you can spend I.M.O

  9. #7

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,330
    +1
    877
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    Hi all relatively new to the scene I know there is probably a million threads just like this but I couldn't find specifics so I have a few questions about suitable mods for my 300.


    i have purchased the worx free flow exhaust. Going to fit it tommorow. I understand there's no real power increase but I got it cheap so I will fit and see how loud the thing is. Other than that. Is it wise to put a 4" intake on without a tune? I was thinking just the kanaflex diy because the Riva ones are far to expensive.

    In the future I will get a tune and an intake grate and a new prop. The only reason I haven't changed prop is I have no real usual riding scenario and figured most prop choices were either made on top speed or acceleration. Correct me if I'm wrong.

    I did read that a BOV was a waste of time what are your opinions on this?

    Are there any other relatively cheap mods I'm missing. Thanks in advance

    Have a look at this kit, it has everything you need to get started. MaptunerX tuner, power filter and impeller. Best of all, it's on sale here in the forums online store.
    I don't recommend the use of a BOV on the Seadoo skis.


    RXP-X 300 Stage 2 Kit

    This kit delivers a significant level of performance (+12mph on U.S. models) through easy to install, bolt-on engine, exhaust, and pump enhancements....
    RS-RPM-RXPX300-2 $1,749.75
    Sale: $1,574.78
    10% discount





    looks good. I think tune and prop is that way to go. What's the general benefit from an intake grate? Thanks again guys I appreciate the feedback. Also has anyone fitted the worx free flow exhaust. I seem to be struggling with inter cooler clearance
    I am running the R&D grate on mine, no difference speed wise. But wow no more blow-out, the way the machine hooks especially in the chop night and day. Best $200 you can spend I.M.O
    How did you determine it was not slower?

    That is contrary to a lot of testing a buddy and I did with my vbox sport and a bunch of back to back runs averaged together filling up the tank between each run. I still run the riva grate and live with the 1mph loss it it's worth it for surf riding. They are both about 1mph slower but the riva grate is a much better constructed product. Keep in mind just burning off about 10 gallons of gas is worth 2mph.

  10. #8
    moparguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    1,463
    +1
    283
    90% of my riding is in chop so no difference (GPS) and butt dyno. I suppose if running on glass you would loose 1mph. Unfortunately lake Erie, Lake Ontario and the niagara River are never calm.

  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    90% of my riding is in chop so no difference (GPS) and butt dyno. I suppose if running on glass you would loose 1mph. Unfortunately lake Erie, Lake Ontario and the niagara River are never calm.
    Niagra is awesome . That ski stock has great hookup and acceleration . Tune , intake and you should be happy .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	3.96 MB 
ID:	400060  

  12. +1 by:


  13. #10
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,589
    +1
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    90% of my riding is in chop so no difference (GPS) and butt dyno. I suppose if running on glass you would loose 1mph. Unfortunately lake Erie, Lake Ontario and the niagara River are never calm.
    It does happen, this was middle of Lake Ontario between Niagara Rive and Toronto couple weeks ago. It was epic, smooth like butter all the way across.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlcsnap-2016-09-29-21h17m54s217.png 
Views:	1007 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	400061  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS 2008 RXPX with Mods!!
    By beachbum0286 in forum Sea Doo 4Tec Skis
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 04:48 PM
  2. 4" intake on RXPX, exhaust mods also?
    By mstennes in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 11:42 PM
  3. Rxpx rideplate mods
    By danieletrono in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 10:19 AM
  4. RxpX Handling Mods
    By danieletrono in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 07:40 PM
  5. RXPX with mods for sale
    By Sundance in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 12:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •