Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Read to much

+1

Read to much

About the 300x! Is this a decent ski for rec riding in the ocean and rivers? I have read about maintenance issues, tipping (listing) with 2 up on and on.

make me feel good about about buying a leftover 2013 300x at a great price with a 5 year warranty!

Does kawaski ski uphold the warrnety issues should they arise?

i passed on a great deal on a Yamaha fx ho cruiser (2016) for a better deal on this ski.....mistake?

+1
    Ride the s*** out of it my friend. If you ride in salt water change the exhaust filter every 30 hours if you don't flush it at all, if you're good on your maintenance you can probably stretch that out farther!

Anybody can tip any machine over regardless the brand so don't let that be your deciding factor. The ultra 300X or 310 X is no more unstable than any other craft once you're familiar with the machine and has some good trade-offs regardless of the lean to the left at very slow speeds. If you run into any major problems which is highly unlikely as long as you keep it fueled and oiled correctly feel free to private message me and I can walk you through any possible problems you may have. There's a few other guys here from Down Under who are also extremely knowledgeable as well!! unfortunately they're upside down and there time doesn't quite match with all us "normal" people in the United States hahaha

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHC View Post
    Ride the s*** out of it my friend. If you ride in salt water change the exhaust filter every 30 hours if you don't flush it at all, if you're good on your maintenance you can probably stretch that out farther!

Anybody can tip any machine over regardless the brand so don't let that be your deciding factor. The ultra 300X or 310 X is no more unstable than any other craft once you're familiar with the machine and has some good trade-offs regardless of the lean to the left at very slow speeds. If you run into any major problems which is highly unlikely as long as you keep it fueled and oiled correctly feel free to private message me and I can walk you through any possible problems you may have. There's a few other guys here from Down Under who are also extremely knowledgeable as well!! unfortunately they're upside down and there time doesn't quite match with all us "normal" people in the United States hahaha

one of them migrated to the states so its not that bad now

+1
    There's not a better ski for ocean riding, except maybe a 310. Make sure that you flush and thouroghly clean everything after everyride and spray metal parts with fogging fluid. Be carefull not to get fogging fluid on sc belt. Change oil every 20 hrs and plugs every year. That's it.

I used my 300x for 5 years in and out of salt water for racing and hard rec riding. Still have it. Never broke down on me. Just now broke the original sc belt. Also bought a 310 this year and have put 60 hours on it in almost exclusively salt water. Still have the factory exhasut filter and consistently run 7900 plus rpm in the heat with a couple free mods and scom.

Oh, and I have never tipped over lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thopper View Post
    About the 300x! Is this a decent ski for rec riding in the ocean and rivers? I have read about maintenance issues, tipping (listing) with 2 up on and on.

make me feel good about about buying a leftover 2013 300x at a great price with a 5 year warranty!

Does kawaski ski uphold the warrnety issues should they arise?

i passed on a great deal on a Yamaha fx ho cruiser (2016) for a better deal on this ski.....mistake?

2013 300x is the better choice of the two here. Yamaha FX HO Cruiser not a bad choice but I think overall the Ultra is going to be a better Ski for you. We talk tonite. JB

+1
    I am picking up the 300X this coming Monday. Christmas in October here in socal! I am going to break it in and run a few hours in the Colorado river then the ski will spend most of its life in the Pacific Ocean.

I will anti seize the plugs, grease the tension bushing and keep her clean. Thanks to everyone from Rod,John and the guys on this thread....I will pick brains as I go forward.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    I was looking for that ski last week when I was up that area lol
    like I said , if you didn't , I was going too lol

8. +1 by:

+1
    Where can I buy the clamp for the belt tensioner. This looks to me the easiest way to disassemble the unit for the greasing of the bushing. Looked all over the net and no can find.

+1
    Anyone know where I can buy a LX seat. I think I will prefer the LX seat over the X seat, a new seat will cost approx. $700.00

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thopper View Post
    Where can I buy the clamp for the belt tensioner. This looks to me the easiest way to disassemble the unit for the greasing of the bushing. Looked all over the net and no can find.
    You havent read enough.... keep going.
    There's no need for the clamp.

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information