Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Any update on this?


  2. #22
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    42,991
    +1
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by not2fast View Post
    Any update on this?
    Jesus stopped answering my emails ... and I just got busy riding the thing ... over 250 hours now.

  3. #23
    Noticed the cruise assist and no wake mode buttons on your gp from the gas can post.
    Any luck getting them to work?

  4. #24
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    42,991
    +1
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by sidman83 View Post
    Noticed the cruise assist and no wake mode buttons on your gp from the gas can post.
    Any luck getting them to work?
    Never got back to that project. All wired up inside the hull, just need the ECU changed to make it all work.

    Maybe I should ‘get a round tuit’ before they ski gets winterized.

  5. #25
    A few friends an i have kicked around the idea of what might work on a gp and vxr.
    You have definitely made it further than we have. I know a few of us would be adding this to our ski.
    Please keep us posted if you get it working
    Thanks

  6. #26

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    882
    +1
    107
    Works good guys. For the GP you need the FX SVHO wiring harness and computer.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Houston Area
    Posts
    12
    +1
    1
    The 21 models for the GP1800R have both trim and cruise control. If you want the VX platform with both cruise and trim, it's now available in a factory setup.
    If buying a '21 isn't in the cards, you can add the trim components to the Cruiser HO. The left handle switch box, the trim equipped Ride motor, the linkage, wiring from the switch box to the Ride motor, and the trim nozzle assembly are all that you need.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21 GP1800R ho.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	466738  

  8. +1 by:


  9. #28
    MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    17,807
    +1
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight2v View Post
    The 21 models for the GP1800R have both trim and cruise control. If you want the VX platform with both cruise and trim, it's now available in a factory setup.
    If buying a '21 isn't in the cards, you can add the trim components to the Cruiser HO. The left handle switch box, the trim equipped Ride motor, the linkage, wiring from the switch box to the Ride motor, and the trim nozzle assembly are all that you need.
    If you have a 2017 GP you’d need the wire harness too since the ecu plugs are different it would take a lot to add this to a 2020 or older ski

  10. #29
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    42,991
    +1
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GP1800 View Post
    If you have a 2017 GP [SVHO] you’d need the wire harness too since the ecu plugs are different.

    It would take a lot to add this to a 2020 or older ski
    What else would need to change, beyond the 2021 wire harness and the 2021 ECU?
    RiDE motor?
    Dash display?
    Has the fuse panel changed?

    I have not (yet) looked for the 2021 GP1800R wiring or parts diagrams.

    Obviously the right side handlebar control panel with the extra buttons is needed.
    (I have this already on my 2017 GP1800 SVHO, and the additional wires back to the ECU. I do not have an ECU which will respond to the added signals).

    I wonder if any of the aftermarket tune guys can transfer the 2021 GP1800R ECU firmware to the older 3-connector SVHO GP1800 ECU?

  11. #30
    MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    17,807
    +1
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What else would need to change, beyond the 2021 wire harness and the 2021 ECU?
    RiDE motor?
    Dash display?
    Has the fuse panel changed?

    I have not (yet) looked for the 2021 GP1800R wiring or parts diagrams.

    Obviously the right side handlebar control panel with the extra buttons is needed.
    (I have this already on my 2017 GP1800 SVHO, and the additional wires back to the ECU. I do not have an ECU which will respond to the added signals).

    I wonder if any of the aftermarket tune guys can transfer the 2021 GP1800R ECU firmware to the older 3-connector SVHO GP1800 ECU?

    That’s an interesting thought. Transfer the firmware.

    I would assume the ride motor is still the same thing. With a 2021 ecu wire harness and dash display you could probably retrofit all of the new features to your older GP. It’s an interesting thought.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Where to buy the 2011 VXR/VXS Service Manual
    By Brute Force in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-18-2019, 06:11 AM
  2. 2015-2016 Yamaha VXR- Who has Jims Ride Plate
    By alekfarmer in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2016, 01:56 PM
  3. New WORX steering for 2015 and newer VXR/VXS
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2016, 01:24 PM
  4. 2008 FX Cruiser SHO - Cruise and No Wake
    By not2fast in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2016, 09:14 AM
  5. Access to YDS plug on VXR/VXS
    By paul075 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-13-2014, 08:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •