Thread: 185 to 215

185 to 215

I have a 2003 185. Im rebuilding it due to towing it without the hoses clamped and water sat in cyl for a little bit. I think the piston rings are rust stuck in piston ring groove. Im mechanically competent with help from youtube and this forum.

My question is....... since im replacing pistons, honing block if not pitted, and doing rebuild on bottom end; which parts should i purchase to convert ski from 185 hp to 215? Im also going to be rebuilding supercharger so which gear also? Links or part numbers would be awesome!

Oh and id be more up for an external IC than internal.
    Also listing mods that i could easily perform while motor is out like 4" intake or something would be cool. List and ill research. I also think i want to do thru hull exhaust. Does that eliminate J-pipe? That thing is a pita to work around.

Man forget the conversion. I did some research. Way to much crap to convert.

Id rather do a normal rebuild. Ride till summer. Sell high at peak season. Wait till after xmas, when peoples pockets are hurting and buy low. Im thinking with a fresh rebuilt motor and good condition at peak of season i could squeeze out $4500 or so, has a nice trailer too. What year GTX could i find a good deal on in winter with 7k?

+1
    You need 215 flywheel and a 16th charger hear . I would update the SC oiler to the 08+ squirter and the thru hull will not eliminate the j pipe . You need a 08 + mid pipe and waterbox.

I appreciate the answer. But seems like a lot of stuff just to convert to a stock version of a ski. Im just going to by something with higher stock hp

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryntipton View Post
    Man forget the conversion. I did some research. Way to much crap to convert.

Id rather do a normal rebuild. Ride till summer. Sell high at peak season. Wait till after xmas, when peoples pockets are hurting and buy low. Im thinking with a fresh rebuilt motor and good condition at peak of season i could squeeze out $4500 or so, has a nice trailer too. What year GTX could i find a good deal on in winter with 7k?
    Better choice.

+1
    I've got a 185 turned up and no issues with a big charger too...

+1
    I didn't update oiler. Change flywheel gear and ecu and your already rebuilding put the 215 pistons in it and it's a 215... way less then buying different ski

+1
    Also gonna need to address fueling , larger injectors and most likely a refresh or maptuner . I'm not sure how well as 185 ecu will run with a 215 charger and external ic.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmorningstar_rxp View Post
    I didn't update oiler. Change flywheel gear and ecu and your already rebuilding put the 215 pistons in it and it's a 215... way less then buying different ski
    Hey Kyle how is that RR ecu treating you ?

Thread Information