Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Triton # LTWC1 Leaf Springs

It seems that I now need to procure a pair of Leaf Springs for my Triton P/N # LTWC1 single place PWC Aluminum Trailer, which I bought new in 2012.

I kept the literature that came with the trailer new - and there is no reference to a Part Number for the Leaf Springs that are used in this application.

Recently - well ~ 12 months ago I had to replace the bearings and raceways in this trailer and now Leaf Springs.

Reference an earlier post concerning this Trailer:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2649943

It should be noted that this trailer has < 500 miles MAX on it - since new - yet almost each and every one of the launches are "Salt Water" baths.

Anyone have a recommendation as to where I could procure the "correct" Leaf Springs and associated hardware?

Broke Leaf Spring:

Good Leaf Spring:

Many Thanks !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Broke_Leaf_Spring.jpg 
Views:	652 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	399744   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leaf_Spring.jpg 
Views:	490 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	399745  

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    What does the trailer frame look like where the leaf spring end rubs and slides against the frame?

I do not have info on the specs or source for spring replacement. I would suspect the online trailer parts vendors may have a tech support service where you can measure what you have and they match it to a standard product, or perhaps they have a database of trailer makes and models with cross reference to their replacement parts sources.

Triton themselves should be able to supply the springs. Maybe not the dealer, but Triton 1-800 cusmter service.

Consider installing a torsion axle kit instead. Less susceptible to rusting (but not immune). A nicer ride, less rattle. And no steel spring leaves to trap water between the layers and corrode.

You would have to measure your trailer frame dimensions and buy a torsion axle of the corrrect size and weight rating but the actual torsion axle install should be straightforward. Triton themselves may be willing to sell you a replacement torsion axle despite your frame being leaf spring from the factory.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Check out stengelbros.com

5. +1 by:

+1
    WWW.easternmarine.com

They have 2,3,4+ leaf springs... 20"-30" from Dayton springs and bigger if needed

Thanks
    DG

7. +1 by:

+1
    It's actually a very standard leaf spring and most trailer supply places will have in stock or easily order. I suggest you replace both because they aren't all that expensive.

Here are the specs:
    25" Radius End, 3 Leaf (1500lb rated), Slipper type spring.

A radius end means it has a loop on one end (for bolt) and slipper means it has a straight flat end on opposite side. If you have a hard time finding a 25"...a 24.5" will work.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Many Thanks for the feedback guys !!!!

I had some free time today to pull my shit apart and I have discovered the following:

It seems that the one that was still in 1-Piece - namely the one on the LH side was also cracking:

So I snooped some of the sites that was recommended - namely stengelbros.net and easternmarine.com and the closest I could come to a "Slipper" 3-Leaf Spring rated at 1500 Pounds total (750 pounds each) with the OEM dimensions - was not a radius end spring, which I really don't think matters - as it is still a "Slipper" - yet has a "Flat" end (not Radius) is the following:

You guys think this will be the ticket?

The guys at Triton are worthless IMO, as I sent an E-Mail to the Triton Florida address with my model number and serial number - with no response. The Customer Service Representative at their Wisconsin Location told me they had no information on replacement springs as they buy the axles already assembled as a sub-assembly from their supplier. All cheap Chinese-Made shit IMO.

I am about ready to "pull-the-trigger" on purchasing the Flat End spring shown above - unless I am advised otherwise.

Again - Many Thanks !!!

Name:	P9290002.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	162.5 KB 
ID:	400045   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9290001.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	400046   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leaf_Spring.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	400047  

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What does the trailer frame look like where the leaf spring end rubs and slides against the frame?
    The radius at the slipper end is there to avoid the spring end gouging into the frame material as the spring flexes up and down.

On an aluminum trailer you don't want the steel of a flat slipper end grinding into the soft aluminum.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    The radius at the slipper end is there to avoid the spring end gouging into the frame material as the spring flexes up and down. On an aluminum trailer you don't want the steel of a flat slipper end grinding into the soft aluminum.
    ------------------------------------
    It appears as if the REAR "retaining bolt" - which simply goes through the rear spring retaining mount on the trailer - is installed in such a way so as the spring will not come in contact with the trailers "upper frame rail" - when the spring moves up and down. Hence limiting the amount of movement the rear spring can travel up or down.

Pic is attached:

Name:	Image.png 
Views:	356 
Size:	573.5 KB 
ID:	400068  

+1
    It should be noted that the ONLY one that I found that "appears" to be of the EXACT design and dimensions of that installed by the OEM - is the following:

It sure looks nice in the pics and the price sure seems nice as well - yet there is only one problem:
    --------------------
    中國製造
    --------------------
    Remembering what sanfish's signature states in the post above that, "Some folks do not have the time to do it right the first time, but always find the time to do it twice." - I am "shying away" from this replacement available.

I am certain the Probability is HIGH that the "Axle Supplier" that supplies the Assembled Axles to Triton has "more than likely" procured such Chinese Springs - in an effort at increasing "Profit Margin" - which IMO certainly effects reliability and ultimate longevity of the overall Product.

Name:	Temp.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	400069  

+1
    My Triton double had flat-end springs and I replaced them with flat-end springs.

My Triton single has flat-end springs, although I don't remember what was originally on the trailer.

No problem with either one. The ends don't come anywhere near the frame or that bolt, so there is no issue with catching. But check your bolts to see if they are worn flat.

Eastern Marine is one of the best places to buy trailer parts, so I'd never steer you away from them. But do check out Stengel Bros... they have a huge selection and good prices. I bought 3 sets of springs from them (one of which is on my Triton double).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information