Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Yanksfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    473
    +1
    22

    300 Guys, Explain this please!

    So a buddy of mine has a 300 RXT-X, he got tired or 69 so he did a few mods, Riva Maptuner/Intake Grate/Flame Arrestor/Air Intake and Prop.
    So basically stage two, tops at 77 first I think is low and second his top RPM's are 8020?? is this accurate are these machines spinning way lower?

    Thanks for the input


  2. #2
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,715
    +1
    853
    The 13/18 Solas is too aggressive. You have to depitch to get the RPM up. If he spins 8300 he will be close to 80 MPH

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Troy, MO
    Posts
    501
    +1
    70


    This is what 8400 rpm looks like on a stock prop with 2.5mm removed from the trailing edge. 70* air, 75* water.

    (Riva Maptuner-Stage 2, IMUK, DIY CAI, LB Motorsports intercooler).

    It ran 78-80 up river on the dash and 81-83 down that day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	83.jpg 
Views:	567 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	399557  

  5. #4
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,715
    +1
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwall View Post
    This is what 8400 rpm looks like on a stock prop with 2.5mm removed from the trailing edge. 70* air, 75* water.

    (Riva Maptuner-Stage 2, IMUK, DIY CAI, LB Motorsports intercooler).

    It ran 78-80 up river on the dash and 81-83 down that day.
    I believe that works out to an average of about 79-79.5 GPS if there hadn't been a current

  6. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Troy, MO
    Posts
    501
    +1
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwall View Post
    This is what 8400 rpm looks like on a stock prop with 2.5mm removed from the trailing edge. 70* air, 75* water.

    (Riva Maptuner-Stage 2, IMUK, DIY CAI, LB Motorsports intercooler).

    It ran 78-80 up river on the dash and 81-83 down that day.
    I believe that works out to an average of about 79-79.5 GPS if there hadn't been a current

    I'll try to get a GPS speed today. There is an area that is behind a rock dyke without current. I'll give that a shot.

  7. #6
    moparguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    1,368
    +1
    255
    I am running kanaflex, Riva Exhaust, Aquaveine intake grate and Solas 13/18, waiting on MaptunerX and best ive gotten on my RXP-X 300 on the Niagara River with current 76 mph on the wishometer a.k.a the dash. But my pcm kept locking and unlocking on me, at 5hrs it unlocked at 7 it locked again until 12hrs so...

  8. #7
    Yank we are seeing same thing on stage two. First run out 77.. then stays 72 73 all day. Runs harder with seat off. I think we need to drop thermostat.

  9. #8
    How do you guys get recall on top speed?

  10. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Troy, MO
    Posts
    501
    +1
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwall View Post
    This is what 8400 rpm looks like on a stock prop with 2.5mm removed from the trailing edge. 70* air, 75* water.

    (Riva Maptuner-Stage 2, IMUK, DIY CAI, LB Motorsports intercooler).

    It ran 78-80 up river on the dash and 81-83 down that day.
    I believe that works out to an average of about 79-79.5 GPS if there hadn't been a current

    I'll try to get a GPS speed today. There is an area that is behind a rock dyke without current. I'll give that a shot.
    Ran 79 on GPS, 81 on the dash in that spot I was talking about. The app that I had on my phone only used full numbers. I was 140 RPM down from last weekend. It was 90* yesterday though. I'm confident that she'll run 80-81 true GPS speed once it gets a little cooler.

  11. #10
    quiddo15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    757
    +1
    111
    You want to depitch that Solas 13-18 to a 13-16 and aim for around 8300-8400rpm and you will see 80mph+ on gps.

  12. +1 by:


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-09-2017, 09:38 AM
  2. Please explain this low RPM 2stroke thing?
    By hill160881 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 10:02 PM
  3. Please explain this Jetski Stuffing issue
    By MarineBoy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2013, 06:13 PM
  4. Did you guys see this auction??
    By boataddict in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 03:17 AM
  5. Can someone explain this to me?????
    By Therock in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 01:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •