Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DESS Safety Lanyard programming a second or spare

Hi, I am considering purchasing a second lanyard in case the original one fails while out in the waters. Is the seadoo dealers the only ones who can program the second lanyard? Thanks

+1
    Buy the candoo pro from Jerry. From what I read dealers charge you $100 or more to program a key then you have to buy a key to get them to program. Another $50-$100. I bought used keys off of here and made my own. I made some learners for new people and keyed two keys to normal and made them work on either ski. The software also lets you troubleshoot error code not to mention marry new clusters etc.

+1
    A dealer should not charge more than $20 to program a key. Should do it free if you buy some parts or accessories from them

+1
    Last time I bought a key from the dealer, it was programmed for free. And when a new ski was purchased, they reprogrammed the old key to the new machine for free.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph9936 View Post
    Buy the candoo pro from Jerry. From what I read dealers charge you $100 or more to program a key then you have to buy a key to get them to program. Another $50-$100. I bought used keys off of here and made my own. I made some learners for new people and keyed two keys to normal and made them work on either ski. The software also lets you troubleshoot error code not to mention marry new clusters etc.
    Here in NJ, east dover marina charged me 75 dollars for a new key and to be programed

So the dealer wants $74 for the lanyard and $60 to program it.... How much is the Candoo pro?

+1

$400 kind of pricey for programming a lanyard. Does anyone want to sell their candoo pro? Any used ones for sale? Thanks

+1
    You are not just getting a key programmer. The Candoo can do far more items and if you plan on sticking with Seadoo...it's well worth the 400.00 It resets service reminders, reads codes, can active fuel pumps, coils, marry gauges, make keys on and on and on. It's certainly a great gig even though some say it's "outdated". It's the closet thing you can get to BUDS legally and if you only use 1 of the 4 vins...sell it with the remaining and move on.

M

Quote Originally Posted by EVN81 View Post

1 Year System Maintenance Included (Limited to 4 Vin Numbers) what does that mean..? I understand 4 vin numbers but 1 year system maintenance.. After a year it no longer works or you can not update?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information