Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any other official 2017 Kawasaki news?

So I know they released the teaser for the new stand up, and I saw that Kawasaki au shows different colors for 2017, but is that it? A four stroke stand up and different colors?!?! I'm sure there will be a few that are stoked for the new stand up, but I don't see that doing anything for their market share. I'm sure there are more on the ocean, but I don't see any stand ups on the lakes I go to. They say if you aren't moving forward you are moving backward. Not only do they not really seem to be moving forward, but they are standing still while all of their competition is moving forward. Personally, I think a slight aesthetic redesign of the stx15f would do wonders for the company without a giant investment in R&D. But hey, I'm just a consumer, what do I know.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Moving forwards is not always a good thing....
    but 17 ultra is same but different
    BNG , pistons pretty much covers the changes
    15f got a different color and BNG
    tge standup will increase market share no doubt, but how much only time will tell,
    KMC isn't a company that HAS to rely on sales of water toys only to maintain Renue,

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    tge standup will increase market share no doubt, but how much only time will tell,
    KMC isn't a company that HAS to rely on sales of water toys only to maintain Renue,
    They definitely don't have to depend on watercraft sales, that's for sure. I just think being the originator of the jet ski, there should be some sense of pride to stay at the top. Obviously the Kawasakis are great skis, but I fear if they don't jump into the new rec-lite craze that is going strong or if they don't come out with something to compete with IBR and RIDE, they are really going to fall behind quickly. The average age of PWC owners now is something like 47 years old. You can't tell me they are gonna sell too many stand up skis to 50 year olds.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Pwc rider don't buy stand ups , that's a totally different demographic.

Pwc rider don't buy stand ups , that's a totally different demographic.
    Those that buy sit downs are a different demographic from those that buy stand ups there is no doubt, but I'm relatively certain that statistic includes all PWC sales. A stand up jet ski is still considered a personal watercraft. Either way, All I am getting at is that market trends clearly show an increase in buyers buying used watercraft or new entry level type watercraft. I think the 4 stroke stand up is super cool, I just think market trends are showing us that it isn't going to be wildly successful large scale.

But...my intention wasn't to try to debate anybody about market share . I'm just genuinely interested in if Kawasaki is coming out with anything else new since I plan on buying a ski this upcoming year.

+1
    I got more of a chance of seeing flying saucers than a stand up in my neck of the woods...

Kawasaki Heavy Industries is multi multi billion dollar conglomerate of many businesses building commercial aircraft, big tankers, robots ATVs MCs etc etc they I'm sure don't sit around the big boardroom on top floor in their office building worrying about profits from selling Jet skis and competing against Yamaha and Seadoo..

They make what they make to have their foot in the power sport industry their attitude just might be with their selection of PWCs is
    " Take it or leave it"

Now I'll get back back to washing my slow 73-74 mph Ultra 300 😀

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcyz8788 View Post
    They definitely don't have to depend on watercraft sales, that's for sure. I just think being the originator of the jet ski, there should be some sense of pride to stay at the top. Obviously the Kawasakis are great skis, but I fear if they don't jump into the new rec-lite craze that is going strong or if they don't come out with something to compete with IBR and RIDE, they are really going to fall behind quickly. The average age of PWC owners now is something like 47 years old. You can't tell me they are gonna sell too many stand up skis to 50 year olds.

I resemble that remark! LOL I'm 57, have 2 sitdowns and 2 standups! RXP, Ultra 150, 800SXR and 650SX.
    Very interested in the new 4 stroke standup.
    It does depend where you live, some area's have lots of standups, some, none.

Yes, Kawi does need a new entry level ski, to get people into the water on a kawi, and a smaller, lighter machine with the 310 engine in it. At least they did the 4 stroke standup, bet that was a hard sell to the marketing boys!

+1
    The Kawi 2017 news will be the same as the 2018, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, etc....nothing. Color change here and there.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    I got more of a chance of seeing flying saucers than a stand up in my neck of the woods...

www.flyingsaucersap.com/contact_us.php

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information