Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2005 RXP/RXT Worth It?

Hello all,

I've been looking into getting some used lower cost skis and came across a pair of 2005 Seadoos. One is an RXP the other an RXT, both with about 130 hours on them.

The skis are in great condition, and run great on the water. Garage kept, freshwater used only. The RXP had a super charger rebuild early in its life and the skis were recently serviced. That's all the owner has really provided since he had purchased them from someone else at one point.

I've read up a bit on the issues around these skis, for $6800 (including dual trailer) what are your thoughts on the deal? I'm figuring it might be in my best interest to bring them in to someone immediately, or get the supercharger work done to the RXT, but then price starts going up. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Frank

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by frank217 View Post
    Hello all,

I've been looking into getting some used lower cost skis and came across a pair of 2005 Seadoos. One is an RXP the other an RXT, both with about 130 hours on them.

The skis are in great condition, and run great on the water. Garage kept, freshwater used only. The RXP had a super charger rebuild early in its life and the skis were recently serviced. That's all the owner has really provided since he had purchased them from someone else at one point.

I've read up a bit on the issues around these skis, for $6800 (including dual trailer) what are your thoughts on the deal? I'm figuring it might be in my best interest to bring them in to someone immediately, or get the supercharger work done to the RXT, but then price starts going up. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Frank
    Besides the supercharger the 05 exhaust valves should be replaced because it is a 2 piece sodium filled valve and they have a tendency to break where the head is welded to the stem . As far as the charger any ski you purchase is going to need a rebuild every 100hrs or 2ysr which ever comes 1st. It sounds like a good price if the skis are in good shape .if you are able to replace the valves or at least pull the head to get them replaced you will save a bit of money.

+1
    Seeing as you are now the third owner and the work that needs to be done to the 05 to make them more reliable, it's really not that good of a price.
    You really should rebuild both SC and that alone if you pull and send to Jerry will cost you close to $1000.
    I don't have any idea what the valve jobs would run.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Doo View Post
    Seeing as you are now the third owner and the work that needs to be done to the 05 to make them more reliable, it's really not that good of a price.
    You really should rebuild both SC and that alone if you pull and send to Jerry will cost you close to $1000.
    I don't have any idea what the valve jobs would run.
    valve job, head bolts/studs, valves & head gasket. Price GREATLY depends on what valves you use and the shop you choose to cut them in.

price seems high to me- those are high maint skiis but fun to ride. I would offer 4k and be ok with getting them gone through every 80 hours

On other sites it seems the value for these are about $4500 ish which is why I didn't feel like it was too bad of a deal. I was thinking I would only need to do s/c rebuilds. I highly doubt I could get it down to 4k, MAYBE 6k. Is the exhaust valve truly a MUST even if it was fogged properly?

7. +1 by:

+1
    6800. Is a good deal for two 05 skis. Depending on how you ride them would let u no if u want to replace the exaust valves. As a safety precaution it would be a good idea. Then the skis would almost b Bullitt proof.

+1
    There were two on ebay a while back with low hours for 8k. They were very nice. They were red /gray in iowa.

So mixed opinions I see, I am so torn. Haven't found any local deal for a very long time in Pensacola. I am assuming I'd spend 1k initially for new S/C rebuilds...

+1
    Just buy them. C if u can get them for 6 cash.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information