Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by boudin View Post
    I'll do the best I can to answer.

1. https://www.partzilla.com/product/ya...0E-51317-00-94. They were used on FXs and GP1300Rs. You can find on eBay for $50-$75, but that is the easy part. Harder is finding the set of pump bolts that go with the pump extension. Seems like the eBay sellers don't realize those bolts are nearly impossible to find otherwise. If you can find someone parting an FX that may be a better route.

Contact Rich at WFO for 2" cable extensions.

2. 2010+ VX

3. Yes, the pre-2010 VXs with the computer on the side is a bit easier to deal with. However, you should be able mount the 2010+ e-box to the mid-wall. Just dry fit to make sure it clears the oil tank. I did this on a recent XLT/VX conversion.

4. The VX tank is too wide. Use a GP1300R tank which is already fitted with the correct fuel sender and filler hose. Plug and play.

Regarding speed, I have not seen a big difference from a stock VX. I would expect low 50s with a pump in top condition and the motor reaching redline.

-Greg
    We started the build today and so far its gone pretty quick, but a few more questions...

I haven't looked at the GP1200 fuel tank yet, is the fuel pump setup different than the GP1300 and VX. Its one less thing to change unless necessary...

Thank you for the partzilla link, I found it on eBay for $20 shipped however you are correct....the bolts are a whole norther issue to find.

Lastly what are the cable extensions for? Reverse?

Thanks Again...

+1
    The 1200R has fuel pumps on each carb

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ocsteveo2003 View Post
    We started the build today and so far its gone pretty quick, but a few more questions...

I haven't looked at the GP1200 fuel tank yet, is the fuel pump setup different than the GP1300 and VX. Its one less thing to change unless necessary...

Thank you for the partzilla link, I found it on eBay for $20 shipped however you are correct....the bolts are a whole norther issue to find.

Thanks Again...
    You will have to add an in-tank fuel pump. The carb setup essentially "sucks" fuel out of the fuel tank. With fuel injection, you will need to add an electric fuel pump.

What I did for my conversion was used 3 larger worm clamps to attach the electric fuel pump to my stock sending unit. This is on an XR1800 jetboat where I got rid of the 66V 1200cc 2-strokes and am swapping in MR1 160hp motors.

Here is how mine is setup. After the picture, I slid the pump down closer to the bottom. I also installed the fuel strainer to the pump inlet.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fuel Pump.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	478529  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ocsteveo2003 View Post

Thanks Again...
    GP1300R tank is a drop-in replacement and has the nessesary mount for the VX fuel sender. Don't try to retrofit a 1200R tank--good chance you'll have a leak.

No reverse on the GPR... the cable extensions are for the steering and trim.

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by boudin View Post
    GP1300R tank is a drop-in replacement and has the nessesary mount for the VX fuel sender. Don't try to retrofit a 1200R tank--good chance you'll have a leak.

No reverse on the GPR... the cable extensions are for the steering and trim.

-Greg
    have you done any of these conversions using an MR1 motor? I would like to attempt one over the winter as a second ski for reliability when the modded ski goes down.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information