Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Nice build man..... congrats sounds really good too, that thing must be a nasty little beast 0-60 monster.

+1
    Love it. Can't wait!!!!

+1
    Did a little work over the weekend. Got the left hull extension on but will need to do some trimming to the right hull extension for it to fit around the exhaust. Removed the driveshaft from the old pump and built the new 12v Solas pump with new bearings/seals & packed with marine grease. Managed to work out a deal with a friend on a protec nozzle with trim & steering nozzle. Should help out on the holeshot! I'll attach a vid of it working and you can adjust the angle of the nozzle too. I removed the siphon fitting on the nozzle and plugged it since I don't have a stock bilge. Was planning to powdercoat and also get the nozzle bored out so that tube would've been in the way anyways. Used a couple of spacers to get the impeller spaced close but with clearance from the stator veins.

Couple of pics of my boys playing on it. The older one wants to play on it every time he see's it and makes fake "vroom" noises while sqeezing the throttle lever. Just waiting for that one day that I hear the ski startup in the garage banging the rev limiter! Also attached another vid of my oldest one learning how to use the impact drill on the old blown engine. He'll be 2 in a couple of weeks

+1
    Trued & welded crank came in from JetManiac and I got the engine 90% built yesterday afternoon. Just need to install the head water fittings, torque the head, put in starter, flywheel and stator cover. Should be able to go through carbs and make sure all is clean this weekend and drop engine in.

Since the crank spins 360 degrees that means to true I would have to weld (weld on lower wrist pin portion on crank) and make each piston and rod 120 degrees apart from each other starting from cylinder #1?

I PM'd the main guy on the crank true in the 2- stroke sticky that made a video on Windows Media player years ago and the link won't open for me and I can't find details..... it seems pretty easy and straight forward and I have access to a welder and my engine is apart now I just don't wanna F*ck it up.... could you ask your builder for me?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GP123 View Post
    Since the crank spins 360 degrees that means to true I would have to weld (weld on lower wrist pin portion on crank) and make each piston and rod 120 degrees apart from each other starting from cylinder #1?

I PM'd the main guy on the crank true in the 2- stroke sticky that made a video on Windows Media player years ago and the link won't open for me and I can't find details..... it seems pretty easy and straight forward and I have access to a welder and my engine is apart now I just don't wanna F*ck it up.... could you ask your builder for me?
    I don't really know much about actually building cranks myself but I will ask my guy.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Ok, had a good weekend with alot of progress. I got the protec nozzle setup powdercoated and got the pump all together and in the ski. Finished up building the engine and got it dropped in, aligned and mounted. Got all the cables & hoses routed and glued down the traction mats. I also went through the carbs again to clean them out and rejet since I went up 2mm in bore. I have an aluminum aftermarket pump shoe which was universal for a few skis. I'll have to cut a couple of slots about 1/8" deep for the intake grate to mount all the way flush but just bolted it up as a quick fix so I could run it this weekend. Put maybe 20mins on it this weekend just getting things broken in and carbs tuned. They are close but running a little rich. Rear sponsons come in today. Front sponsons & IPD Graphics come in Wednesday. Here's some pics and a couple of vids.

+1
    Only update I have for now is that I got these billet aluminum rear blade style sponsons put on. IPD Graphics are coming in today. Will try and get those on this afternoon and get some pics.

African-American
    +1
    Curious to know your max speed and 0-60time. Been looking at adding a 3rd "smaller" ski to my trailer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    Curious to know your max speed and 0-60time. Been looking at adding a 3rd "smaller" ski to my trailer.
    Haven't tested with a handheld gps yet but last year when I had alot less performance parts my phone gps was showing 57 which has also read 4mph slow on my other blaster compared to a garmin handheld. So I'm not too sure what top speed is right now. Hoping I can get a true 60mph on gps after everything is tuned. Also not sure what the 0-60 time is but it accelerates to max speed reallly quick. Will get back to you with some true numbers once I get them.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information