2012 ultra 300x lots of maintenance and winterization questions (newbie) please help!

Purchased a 2012 ultra 300x ski this year had Kawi do a 50 hour service on it. Planning to put her away soon for winter she will be hibernating in a garage attached to the house not heated but don't think it hits freezing temps.
    #1.) procedure for winterization what should I do?
    #2.) I plan to change oil and filter what do you guys suggest and where do I get it from?
    #3) I plan to change the plugs seems the ngk that Kawi suggests are pricey however I'm almost okay with it unless an equivalent that's just as good exists?
    #4) took her out last night and she seemed smokey almost like a two stroke tho it didn't lack power or miss? At least not that I felt. We were towing a tuber so maybe it was just noticed as I was turned around tho I don't think so. Any suggestions on what I should look at? Or given that dump it to Kawi let them assess tune and winterization tho I'd prefer not getting pillaged by a stealer ship.
    Thanks in advance sorry for the lengthy questions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	650 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	399303  

+1
    The
    Quote Originally Posted by Samario1984 View Post
    Purchased a 2012 ultra 300x ski this year had Kawi do a 50 hour service on it. Planning to put her away soon for winter she will be hibernating in a garage attached to the house not heated but don't think it hits freezing temps.
    #1.) procedure for winterization what should I do?
    #2.) I plan to change oil and filter what do you guys suggest and where do I get it from?
    #3) I plan to change the plugs seems the ngk that Kawi suggests are pricey however I'm almost okay with it unless an equivalent that's just as good exists?
    #4) took her out last night and she seemed smokey almost like a two stroke tho it didn't lack power or miss? At least not that I felt. We were towing a tuber so maybe it was just noticed as I was turned around tho I don't think so. Any suggestions on what I should look at? Or given that dump it to Kawi let them assess tune and winterization tho I'd prefer not getting pillaged by a stealer ship.
    Thanks in advance sorry for the lengthy questions.

Been discussed here many times but here's a brief and others will add suggestions and ideas..,
    1) put a fuel stabilizer in the fuel tank and run the ski
    1) flush your ski with water connected to RV antifreeze container, when finish flushing get all the water out but running it with no water you should
    see only mist..
    2) fog the cylinders and fog the SC as the SC should be done after every ride or every other ride

3) Hose mist the engine bay then Spray an anti corrosion like fluild film all over the engine metal parts and wires soak up any water on the bottom of the hull..

Regarding oil change / filter that too should be done before winterization it's in the Service repair manual step by step most of us use synthetic oil

Spark plugs .. Well I just use the recommended NGKs but their are other options

+1
    Do all that ^... But first fill the gas tank to prevent extra moisture from the damned Ethanol, and put a few of those cheap damp rid tubs inside the hull. I usually do one in front and one in the back. Others here have also suggested sticking a tennis ball or rag in the exhaust port to prevent rodent infestation.

Hopefully not a silly question but how does one get the antifreeze into the port?

+1
    I use a Bilge pump with a garden hose clamped onto the port, then the other end is the normal hose end which screws into the flush port. I pour the anitfreeze into a bucket and put the pump in there.. Start the engine, then give the pump 12Volts. It will pump out quickly, then blip the throttle a few times and shut it down..

+1
    just pour it down your garden hose before you turn it on

7. +1 by:

Anything in particular need to be done for the intercooler or port?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    don't go to the dealership for plugs.... you can find the OEM plug online for considerably cheaper from reputable sources such as the site store here or on summit racing.

Thread Information