Question First PWC!!! HELP!

Hello Greenhulk! First post! So to get started I finally got the YES for a pwc This will be my first one, so please give me any extra advice if you have any. I've looked heavily at the seadoo's and really like the GTX 155. I'm going to be using the ski at the coast and offshore so ride is really important. Also planning on doing some fishing so stability is a big one too. I like the closed loop cooling system on the seadoos, thats a big plus for me. One of my big questions about the 155 is the suspension. I've looked into this heavily and have found that the intelligent suspension had trouble with offshore conditions because it bottomed out on bigger waves hence why they made the adjustable suspension for the rxt-x so you could firm up the suspension in rougher water. My question is if the suspension on the 155 can be firmed up to take the abuse of offshore waves like the rxt-as can. I don't want a supercharged boat (for reliability) so the suspension on the 155 is my only option. Keep in mind I'm not dead set on suspension, and if the suspension on the 155 is the not fit for what I'm wanting to do, I would be willing to go for the non suspension one.

Also what about Yamaha(non supercharged)? any advantages over Seadoo? I have friends with both and they both love theirs. One of my friends with Yamahas said that his neighbor owns Seadoos, and he is always taking them to the shop, supercharger problems maybe?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

+1
    I wouldn't ride in the ocean without the suspension as it makes a huge difference. I have 2 2014 GTX 260IS limited and ride them in the ocean all the time with no issues. My son rides a 2012 RXTX and he prefers the Limited IS suspension due to the chop. I also have a Yamaha and my friends have Yamaha's and everyone says the ride in the IS ski in the ocean is way better. If you are a person who is going to do a lot of work on your ski then the IS is much more a pain to work on. If you are doing river or lake riding then I would say no suspension is better as the ski is much lighter and more maneuverable.

+1
    T3 hull does great in the chop and ocean.

+1
    TX uses the S3 hull which is awesome deep V in the chop, the T3 hull is used on the PX and is 9 inches shorter and pretty bouncy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    TX uses the S3 hull which is awesome deep V in the chop, the T3 hull is used on the PX and is 9 inches shorter and pretty bouncy
    i have both, T3 hull beats me up way less in the chop. Both are very capable especially if you add the riva grate. I don't find the px300 bouncy at all. The comparison between the hulls has been beat to death around here over the years. A quick search should dig up more than you care to know.

Thread Information