Question 2006 Seadoo 4-tec Starter Drive Gear Problem

Here is a picture of my starter drive gear, I had it out and I've re-installed it and now it has a bit of play sliding along the shaft. Are these suppose to be rigid or do they slide on the shaft a bit? I thought I installed the spring washers and single washer correctly so I wonder if something else is the problem? It spins completely free with my finger and the housing on the other side of that gear is spaced a bit apart from it, and it rotates with the gear. I tried to get a camera in there but it is too tight a space. I'm wondering if I have to split the case again and have a look or maybe it is fine? This is my first teardown of a 4-tec (broken timing chain syndrome). Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160911_192825.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	399063  

I thought I would answer my own question. I took it all apart, re-installed everything very carefully and placed the PTO front cover back on. The drive gear does have about 3/32th of an inch of play so it is normal for there to be some movement. I installed the starter motor and it took up the slack. So there you go!

Thread Information