Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is there any maintenance that is specific to Kawi?

I am hoping to purchase my first pwc this off season. 2 models that I am considering are the 15f and ultra lx. Leaning a little more toward the 15f solely because I see these things sold at ridiculously low prices. My only concern is that at 6 ft tall I may feel cramped on longer rides. I have no desire to own a supercharged ski as I don't need the extra performance and I don't want the added maintenance and fuel costs. Anyway, back to the main reason for this post, It seems I had heard somewhere that there might be some maintenance that is specific to Kawasaki. If I remember right, I think it may have had something to do with the exhaust. Just wondering if anybody could give me a little info. Thanks in advance.

+1
    Not on those models. Both pretty bulletproof.

+1
    Wish I could find a 15F at a ridiculously low price...

4. +1 by:

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    I just paid $8135 out the door for a NEW 2016 stx15f ,

to me that's a pretty dam good price,

there are a few cheap used 15's around , but could pass up that price.

as for exhaust maintenance issues , you flush it well and you wont have an issue, but if you ride salt water and don't flush well then YES the lower exhaust have been known to fail due to corrosion issues were the water collects on the lower side.

but a good flushing practice will prevent this.

Waz

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcyz8788 View Post
    ... heard somewhere that there might be some maintenance that is specific to Kawasaki. If I remember right, I think it may have had something to do with the exhaust. ...
    You may be thinking of the exhaust 'filter' disc which I think is specific to the supercharged Ultra 300/310 engines.

That exhaust filter is a service replacement item which needs to be replaced with a new one every so often.

+1
    I am hoping to purchase my first pwc this off season. 2 models that I am considering are the 15f and ultra lx. Leaning a little more toward the 15f solely because I see these things sold at ridiculously low prices. My only concern is that at 6 ft tall I may feel cramped on longer rides. I have no desire to own a supercharged ski as I don't need the extra performance and I don't want the added maintenance and fuel costs. Anyway, back to the main reason for this post, It seems I had heard somewhere that there might be some maintenance that is specific to Kawasaki. If I remember right, I think it may have had something to do with the exhaust. Just wondering if anybody could give me a little info. Thanks in advance.
    No worries for feeling cramped on longer rides, I'm about 6'3" and the 15f that I have is my machine for long rides and I don't get cramped up. Love this machine, don't think I will be getting rid of it any time soon and its an 2004 with about 208 hours or so!

8. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    ... heard somewhere that there might be some maintenance that is specific to Kawasaki. If I remember right, I think it may have had something to do with the exhaust. ...
    You may be thinking of the exhaust 'filter' disc which I think is specific to the supercharged Ultra 300/310 engines.

That exhaust filter is a service replacement item which needs to be replaced with a new one every so often.
    Yep that was it! I remember thinking...exhaust filter?!?

Thank you everybody for the replies! I like different things about different makes and models, but the 15f just seems hard to beat for the money. Since they went to the black and lime green I think they look good for a 16 year old design too!

We got our 15f (2016) about a month ago. We also got an Ultra LX. Both are great and the whole family enjoys riding both. If you are more of a cruiser the Ultra is the better choice. More comfortable ride, better in the chop and bigger gas tank. If you just want a great all a rounder then the 15f is your machine. More performance and more fun to toss around. Both can pull skier's/tubers no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Astropin View Post
    We got our 15f (2016) about a month ago. We also got an Ultra LX. Both are great and the whole family enjoys riding both. If you are more of a cruiser the Ultra is the better choice. More comfortable ride, better in the chop and bigger gas tank. If you just want a great all a rounder then the 15f is your machine. More performance and more fun to toss around. Both can pull skier's/tubers no problem.
    Thank you for the info! I will probably only go for the lx if I find it for a good deal. I have seen a leftover for 8900 that caught my eye, but at msrp I would buy the vx cruiser ho over the lx. Don't get me wrong, the lx looks like a great ski, but for the money I would probably prefer the yami. The biggest selling point for me on the 15f is the price for what you get.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information