Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

2008 RXP 215 Questions

Hey guys,

Friend of a friend is selling an 08 RXP 215 with 77 hours on it for a good price. I have never owned a sea doo but I know they need thing like SC rebuilds. Assuming thats never been done what else can I expect to do to this thing to make it reliable? What do you think its actually worth?

Thanks,

Kyle

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace14 View Post
    Hey guys,

Friend of a friend is selling an 08 RXP 215 with 77 hours on it for a good price. I have never owned a sea doo but I know they need thing like SC rebuilds. Assuming thats never been done what else can I expect to do to this thing to make it reliable? What do you think its actually worth?

Thanks,

Kyle
    Whats a good price? Any mods? Did he take care of it? oil changes, spark plugs, winterizing, when was it run last? if he never had the supercharger rebuilt that would be the first i would do. How good of friends are you? end of season... id offer him 4300. Blue book is 5300 but you will be putting money into it right away.

+1
    Hey guys,

Thanks,

Kyle

In my opinion, if the ski is stock I would be sure the supercharger is updated and roll with it. Obviously you will need to check all systems accordingly, etc. If in good shape and it has been well taken care of, there is no reason you should have to fix a ton of things. I have an 07 & and 09 and both are stock, both in the 130 hr range. Never an issue with either one.

Ryan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxcrazy23 View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks,

Kyle
    Whats a good price? Any mods? Did he take care of it? oil changes, spark plugs, winterizing, when was it run last? if he never had the supercharger rebuilt that would be the first i would do. How good of friends are you? end of season... id offer him 4300. Blue book is 5300 but you will be putting money into it right away.

Well just got back from looking at it-

The Bad- The red gel coat has some chaulkyness to it but it will buff back no problem.
    -The ski has 104 hours not 70.
    -The ski was barley used at all over the last few years.
    -The trailer needs an axel.
    -Trim was not working
    -Steering felt a little stiff but work as it should.
    -2 fiberglass gouges at the nose on the hull (looks like from hitting the trailer stop to fast)

The Good -Ski had no codes or errors on the dash.
    -Battery was fine and it started right up on the first try, revved and idled fine without issue.
    -Motor was IMMACULATE. It looked almost to good to be true, very well kept.
    -Oil level was good and clean.
    -Comes with a float on jet port as well as the trailer (I live on the water so this is a huge plus).
    -Original owner and has all papers for ski.
    -Hull was in great shape with no MAJOR marks except the two listed.

Now heres the best part, the price. 2k for everything. Needles to say I am picking it up this weekend and I think I made out ok. I am going to rebuilt the SC, change the oil, and ride it.

In the spring I will most likely do the bolt ons once I get a few hours on her and see she is worth it. How do these compare to a 1300r? I had a 69MPH GPR and I loved it to death, will I enjoy this the same?

+1
    LOVE MINE! Replaced sc bearing and installed new wheel then added mods and got to 64.7 so far...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxcrazy23 View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks,

Kyle

Well just got back from looking at it-

The Bad- The red gel coat has some chaulkyness to it but it will buff back no problem.
    -The ski has 104 hours not 70.
    -The ski was barley used at all over the last few years.
    -The trailer needs an axel.
    -Trim was not working
    -Steering felt a little stiff but work as it should.
    -2 fiberglass gouges at the nose on the hull (looks like from hitting the trailer stop to fast)

The Good -Ski had no codes or errors on the dash.
    -Battery was fine and it started right up on the first try, revved and idled fine without issue.
    -Motor was IMMACULATE. It looked almost to good to be true, very well kept.
    -Oil level was good and clean.
    -Comes with a float on jet port as well as the trailer (I live on the water so this is a huge plus).
    -Original owner and has all papers for ski.
    -Hull was in great shape with no MAJOR marks except the two listed.

Now heres the best part, the price. 2k for everything. Needles to say I am picking it up this weekend and I think I made out ok. I am going to rebuilt the SC, change the oil, and ride it.

In the spring I will most likely do the bolt ons once I get a few hours on her and see she is worth it. How do these compare to a 1300r? I had a 69MPH GPR and I loved it to death, will I enjoy this the same?
    that's a smoking deal. You should take your friend to a nice steak dinner in appreciation.

+1
    you'll love it more than a gp1300r because the power is instant unlike the 2 stroke.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph9936 View Post
    LOVE MINE! Replaced sc bearing and installed new wheel then added mods and got to 64.7 so far...
    You should be somewhere in the 70's

Anyhoo, 2 grand for all that is nuts.. my 2006 ran strong no issues at all and it had 225 when I sold it, now it has just under 300 and is still going strong

+1
    wow 2 grand is a steal! good luck with it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph9936 View Post
    That is slow for being modded. Stock RXT 215 is around 63-65mph...

What rpms r u hitting? I guessing the 15/20 is too much for no external IC, & low RPM's.
    U might want to get a 14/19 solas & watch the speed come up

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information