Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXPX 300 In the shop 3 times with 15hrs of use. Can I get it bought back?

I only have 15hrs on the ski. And between 10-15hrs it's been in the shop 3 times.
    IBR fault then coolant dump and overheat and now another iBR fault.

Each time I have to haul the ski out and trailer it to the dealer. I've spent more time doing this than riding it the past two months.

With the ski being so new and having this many problems so soon I have lost faith in the reliability of it. I ride in the ocean typically and can be in a very difficult and possibly dangerous situation of it breaks out there. Fortunately each time it's broken it has been enroute home.

Has as anyone been able to return one of these for a refund? I no longer am confident of this ski. I love the performance but not at the expense of having most of my time wasted taking it to the shop.

+1
    Depends on the lemon law for your state. But I would say it's gonna hard to get that accomplished since it's under warranty

My point is a warranty is great but if the ski goes to the shop after every other outing it's just more of a hassle then it is fun.

+1
    What did you do to overheat it?

All the coolant dumped through a hose and temperature quickly spiked, I shut it off ASAP but not before the temp reached 280 or so.

+1
    trade it in.

+1
    Seems to be a bit of a trend going on here. I have ran into a couple of people in OZ that have encountered the same issues.

+1
    Man a simple hose clamp. You would think seadoo would be all over the dealers to check these and as a dealer you would think you would not want this issue to happen to your customer. Yet even my tx300 had the hose clamp on wrong and that was mid way through the season when I bought it. Luckily because of this forum I knew better to check/fix it before I rode it. My bud had his coolant eject on a WFO run. He Shut it down right away and towed it back, let it cool completely and it seemed fine after that. Hard to say if your engine is damaged or not....either way your dealer seems to be incompetent. There have been a few IBR getting replaced but doesn't seem to be an epidemic. If it starts acting slower than normal or gets stuck...it's probably going bad. Good luck, hang in there the px is an awesome matchine. I'm at 75 hrs no issues on mine.

+1
    I think a buzzer goes off if the temp goes over limits. Easy warning

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestram View Post
    I think a buzzer goes off if the temp goes over limits. Easy warning
    The buzzer triggers when it senses an overheat condition (230F). Not before...so its "overheated" the moment you hear it and in those situations, rapidly climbs above 230F as it only takes seconds to reach 250F or so.

What would be nice (and easily done in software - or self add-on) is a pre-warning that triggers at 205F then full limp mode at 230F (per OEM spec).

The biggest risk to overheating is warping the head (as with all aluminum heads). My old motor did it twice in its 260hr life and on rebuild, machinists said head was warped (was expecting that as its not too unusual anyways). Chicken or the egg....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information