Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fast 2 Strokes?

Fast 2 Strokes?

My question is what 2 strokes you can make really fast. i know most of the attention now seems to be on the 4 strokes for every reason and i completely understand but i still love the 2 strokes. also due to the lack of capital i cant afford a 4 stroke either... in my experiences on several lakes in upstate New York i have ran into people who will talk to me about getting their sea doo xp up to 70 or speed pushing almost 80. i know that the xp's have a lot of mod opportunities but these numbers seem pretty large to me. So what i want to know is if there is a certain ski or skis that are capable of doing this with modification or are they just putting big motors in these old small skis?

+1
    Yamaha gpr with a good cylinder head compression triple pipes and excellent jetting can run some numbers. Saw one online run mid 90's gps on camera. I was pleasantly shocked and wish he was in my area to run him.

+1
    1300R is a heavy contender. The Kawasaki Ultra was a fast ski for its day as well as the Seadoo's 951

+1
    I had an ultra 150. Fast but the hull sucked. The 951 twin piped RXX was wicked but they're raaaare. I found one nearby but it had an abused life. Sad sad

+1
    Probably the Yamaha GP1300R will suit your needs/wants the best. Personally, I would be looking for a 2005 or newer!!!

+1
    Ultra 150 is top dog when it comes to speed. The GP1300R is a close 2nd but lacks in holeshot. The Ultra lacks in handling. But since the subject is speed that goes to the Ultra 150

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spades View Post
    Ultra 150 is top dog when it comes to speed. The GP1300R is a close 2nd but lacks in holeshot. The Ultra lacks in handling. But since the subject is speed that goes to the Ultra 150
    Sorry but with mild mods the gpr will walk all over a ultra.. owned them both. Loved the ultra but getting one over 70 is not easy.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Fastest 150 I've ever seen was mid 80's in peeeerrrrfect conditions. GPRS can do that more easily. That's why the conversion crowd crams 4tecs and yammis into gods because the hull is fast.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Sorry but with mild mods the gpr will walk all over a ultra.. owned them both. Loved the ultra but getting one over 70 is not easy.
    Nope, owned both also. Mod for mod the Ultra is faster. And 70 is quite easy for an Ultra, there are near stock Ultras with only handling mods and free mods like filling ride plate bolt holes and shimming the pump that run 69, no engine work yet

Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    Fastest 150 I've ever seen was mid 80's in peeeerrrrfect conditions. GPRS can do that more easily. That's why the conversion crowd crams 4tecs and yammis into gods because the hull is fast.
    The conversion crowd prefer the GPR hull because of its excellent handling not because the hull is fast, it can sure handle the added speed. The Ultra would probably go belly up if you dropped 4Tecs in there, it makes a terrible conversion ski. The GPR makes an excellent race ski in Closed Course environment, but in a straight line the Ultra 150 takes it... equally modded

+1
    Sorry but it's true.. the ultra is simply not a fast hull like the gpr. Dollar for dollar mod for mod gpr will always be faster.

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information