Delete Knock Sensor, How to? 08 RXT 255

Is it possible to delete the knock sensor from the system? I have tried all the usual stuff, fuel, sensor, wiring ect they all test out fine. Both skis are throwing p0326 codes.

How can I delete them from the system and just run the skis. Yes I know the risks.

+1
    Found this. Maybe will help. "well,for you guys out there with similar problem: this is what I found. the from pin 23 and 9 on the ecu the wires go to the plug for the knock sensor. from pin 9 and pin 23 the wires go into a bullet plug, and from there 1 insulated cable comes out. the inner wire stays the same, but the outer wire becomes a shield wire.(for avoiding false alarms from electrical "noise")this shield wire was totally disintegrated due to corrosion. hence the false signal to the ecu. replaced the shield wire with a regular wire, and voila ,all problems gone. the seadoo runs like magic now."

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat71 View Post
    Found this. Maybe will help. "well,for you guys out there with similar problem: this is what I found. the from pin 23 and 9 on the ecu the wires go to the plug for the knock sensor. from pin 9 and pin 23 the wires go into a bullet plug, and from there 1 insulated cable comes out. the inner wire stays the same, but the outer wire becomes a shield wire.(for avoiding false alarms from electrical "noise")this shield wire was totally disintegrated due to corrosion. hence the false signal to the ecu. replaced the shield wire with a regular wire, and voila ,all problems gone. the seadoo runs like magic now."
    Ya I found that a while back, the wires look and test fine. The strange thing is both skis developed this problem at around the same time. Lots of salt and neglect, they were tenders on a yacht then sorta left in the Bahamas for a while after the new ones showed up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by v12mac View Post
    Ya I found that a while back, the wires look and test fine. The strange thing is both skis developed this problem at around the same time. Lots of salt and neglect, they were tenders on a yacht then sorta left in the Bahamas for a while after the new ones showed up.
    Sorry that wasn't helpful. My guess is still going to be something to do with corrosion somewhere. Hope you figure it out. Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by v12mac View Post
    Sorry that wasn't helpful. My guess is still going to be something to do with corrosion somewhere. Hope you figure it out. Keep us posted.
    Oh not at all, it was helpful! I think what is happening is that these old skis have so many rattles and things clunking around the cpu thinks they are knocking. They have had a hard life. Very low hours but neglect and salt are very harsh on equipment.

+1
    Salt water & neglect will ruin one for sure. I saw a pair of skis at my dealer not too long ago, 2009 RXP-X & T-X on a nice aluminum trailer, one had 4 hours the other had 5 & they were garbage. I wouldn't have even bought them for parts. Owner took them to the ocean & rode them one time then left them in his yard uncovered for a few years. I just couldn't imagine.

Thread Information