99 polaris genesis 1200 carb no spark

i was out on the water the other day and my ski just stopped running. ever since then i have not been able to get it to start. ive verified i have no spark. i did some research and a few test. so far ive put a new stator, cdi, and coil pack into it and still no spark. my battery is brand new and tests good. the only thing that seems odd to me is that i only get 9volts at my gauges when cranking. everywhere else is 11volts. any ideas or info would be extremely helpful at this time. im out of ideas and close to just parting the whole thing out.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds like a problem with grounding or wire harness corrosion. What does the electrical box look like inside? Any corrosion?

Remove the engine ground bolt on left rear of engine case. Clean the bolt threads, bolt hole, clean wire ends and reassemble. Confirm zero ohms from engine case to electrical box black wire group.

Also zero ohms to battery end of negative cable (with battery disconnected).

Alright checked all the grounds and they all check out ok. Ebox looks great no corrosion. Not sure what else it could be

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bam7786 View Post
    Alright checked all the grounds and they all check out ok. Ebox looks great no corrosion. Not sure what else it could be
    Check every connector in the wire harness. Look for broken or bent pins, corrosion, signs of water inside.

Play close attention to the Deutsch inline connector for the stator cable. A single bad contact in there can prevent ignition.

Sonce you have changed a bunch of parts, it is possible there is more than one thing not quite right. Do not assume there is only one problem.

Thread Information