Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Should I be scared to buy a 2009 FZR with 240 hours ?

Someone near me selling a 2009 FZR w/ 240 Hours. He has only owned it for one season so not too much info on history. Based on location its a salt water ski. Do not know the reason he is selling, however asking $4500 OBO with trailer. I have owned nothing but Seadoos (just sold 2 of them). Just bought a brand new Yami last week, and thinking about this one as a friend ski. Considering also how much to offer him.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    My buddy has one for sale with 475 hours for $5500....runs 71-72... original clutch. ...not much has been done to it...think ride plate...maybe an over ride???

+1
    Cheaper in the long run to spend more now for a low hour fresh water ski with a known history. They do pop up every now and then on the forums. Also for a friend ski I would prefer a naturally aspirated one.

+1
    Yeah Joka you bring up a good point about that. I am sitting on a Seadoo RXT IS with a blown motor as well. I am not sure if I want to put the crate motor into and and see how that goes, or just get rid of it as is and replace it with a newer aspirated one. Who the hell knows what could be wrong with it after I drop 3K on a new motor for it.

5. +1 by:

+1
    True, sometimes you get lucky many times you don't. I bought my xpl for 800 and spent another 2k, thought I was finished, not a good deal but am almost finished

+1
    Even if it has seen salt water, a well-kept '09 FZR with 200+ hours should be fine. The main question is how well was it taken care of? I've seen skis with less than 100 hours that look and run like shit because they have never been maintained, but have also seen many (including my personal ski) that runs and looks like new with 200+ hours.

8. +1 by:

+1
    After thinking about it, I think there are too many ifs with a ski with 200 + hours where I dont have the history. I think its time to just think about selling off the 3d and either putting a crate motor in the RXT IS or just selling it off as well and getting a new aspirated ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kdaily View Post
    After thinking about it, I think there are too many ifs with a ski with 200 + hours where I dont have the history. I think its time to just think about selling off the 3d and either putting a crate motor in the RXT IS or just selling it off as well and getting a new aspirated ski.
    Since you already have a Yamaha and if it was me, may be fun to pick up a gently used Spark, or the new Ex, something different then a couch to play with when no one is around. Also, if someones going to ride your spare ski, would be wise that its speed is limited. When my kids get a little older I'll be buying one or the other for them. Fun and safe, besides being economical to run.

+1
    I didn't even know about the EX until I read about it here from you. The wife gave me the green light to keep one ski at home on the Delaware River and another at the Jersey Shore for the summer for our shore house as well. If that's the case, I might be better served going with a larger 3 seater close loop for the shore since its salt water, and more chop. I have seen those sparks, and those hulls look really tiny for some heavier chop riding. Also, the ski port on the Delaware is only $600. The one at the shore is $1200...what a difference in price huh ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kdaily View Post
    Also, the ski port on the Delaware is only $600. The one at the shore is $1200...what a difference in price huh ?

Wow, that's ridiculous! double the price, WTF! , cool that she gave you the green light, apparently my wife is a nazi, and I just want a few parts but thankfully Jerry accepts money orders If you gonna hang on the ocean, can't go wrong on a lightly used Seadoo with a factory warranty, whichever model you get the best deal on. Spark's not fun in the chop but on the waves, videos on forum, these guys are rocking it! if thats your thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information