+1

Experience with SBT 4tec engines

My 05 RXP engine grenaded the other day and I'm weighing my options. I'm not sure that I'm willing to pay the price for a Seadoo remanufactured engine, so I'm also looking elsewhere. Do any of you guys have experience with SBT rebuilt 4tec engines? I've read mixed reviews over the years on non 4tec engines from them, but I'm looking for opinions from those who have tried them.

or if you guys have any suggestions for trust worthy people to buy a low hour used engine from, or other economical rebuilders.
    Last edited by BH03; 09-06-2016 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Error corrected

+1
    It's never good when your engine let's go, sorry to hear that happened to you. SBT engines have come along way and should be a good option, but you should contact slow91 (Chris) here on the forums, he is the best engine builder there is and you will have a high quality engine and peace of mind that it was rebuilt correctly!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BH03 View Post
    My 05 RXP engine grenaded the other day and I'm weighing my options. I'm not sure that I'm willing to pay the price for a Seadoo remanufactured engine, so I'm also looking elsewhere. Do any of you guys have experience with SBT rebuilt 4tec engines? I've read mixed reviews over the years on non 4tec engines from them, but I'm looking for opinions from those who have tried them.

or if you guys have any suggestions for trust worthy people to buy a low hour used engine from, or other economical rebuilders.

the oem reman is the same price as sbt. $2400 ish for oem reman.

4. +1 by:

If the engine is that bad, you will pay big bucks for a core

+1
    I plan to pull it next week, so I'll have an idea at that point just how bad it is. Based upon the large chucks of the block I found in the hull, I'm expecting to find some significant damage.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BH03 View Post

Seadoo offers remanufactured long blocks. you have two options below. Let me know if you are interested and I will get you set up

full long block - comes with pto/oil pump/magneto $3999.99 Plus $1010.89 for core fee
    Basic long block - no pto/oil pump/ magneto $2471.89 Plus $1000.00 for core fee

Thanks!

8. +1 by:

Just 2 weeks ago I discovered I needed a new shotblock/case. I was lucky though because there's a jetski junkyard just 5min from where my ski is getting fixed and they had a few to choose from. Or buy used from members around here as mentioned.

Edit: Hell, you can buy 2005 RXPs with 100hrs on them for about the price of a fully remanufactured engine. I see them all the time on CL. I was considering a couple different skis that I saw, just to steal the block from it, use it in the better hull and part off the rest of the doner ski

+1
    Who remembers 10 years ago when a 2-stroke rebuild was at most 1100 bucks? These 4 bangers are so pricey!

Thread Information