Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Best lake in NJ/NY area

Looking to do a lake run as I have been riding in the bay (toms river/brick) area for three years and im really bored of it. Originally wanted to go to lake george which I might still do but I found out that it is a 45mph speed limit which sucks. Looked up wallenpaupack lake and it also has the same limit. Everyone says lake george is beautiful and i've never been so I would like to hear everyones opinion.

+1
    Blue Marsh Lake in PA is a great time and no speed limit. The lake is not huge but it is a descent size. Blue Marsh is my chill spot if I want to take it easy. I know you said you were looking in NJ/NY area but you also mentioned Wallenpaunpack which is in PA

+1
    Just got back from Finger Lakes and was staying near Lake Canandagua beautiful lake though I didn't bring my ski...
    Spoke to a skier says it's quite a nice ride up to the top and back down and very few wake zones ...

+1
    Great Sacandaga Lake,NY . No speed limits and almost no water patrols.

+1
    I think Lake Champlain has no limits too.

+1

Best lake in NJ/NY area

Quote Originally Posted by tomespo View Post
    Looking to do a lake run as I have been riding in the bay (toms river/brick) area for three years and im really bored of it. Originally wanted to go to lake george which I might still do but I found out that it is a 45mph speed limit which sucks. Looked up wallenpaupack lake and it also has the same limit. Everyone says lake george is beautiful and i've never been so I would like to hear everyones opinion.
    old post, but i would highly suggest lake wallenpaupack, it's huge, i been riding there my whole life, i own a waterfront house. they say that there's a limit to make out of state people not go crazy, in fact i see big speed boats going atleast 60-70 all weekend long. no one will bother you. it's huge, and beautiful, and barely any chop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by freedom04 View Post
    old post, but i would highly suggest lake wallenpaupack, it's huge, i been riding there my whole life, i own a waterfront house. they say that there's a limit to make out of state people not go crazy, in fact i see big speed boats going atleast 60-70 all weekend long. no one will bother you. it's huge, and beautiful, and barely any chop.
    Agreed, haven't been up there in a while, but have reservations in June at Silver Birches. How is that place, it's not cheap but gets good reviews.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ River Rider View Post
    Agreed, haven't been up there in a while, but have reservations in June at Silver Birches. How is that place, it's not cheap but gets good reviews.

I haven't stayed there myself, but have rode past it while on the ski, and looks awesome, one of my Buddies stayed there once and said he loved it because of how nice the views are. i'm actually about 5 minuite away from there, they are always packed full.

+1
    I've been going to lake George for 6 years the speed limit is basically non existent i don't know why they have it but i pass cops going 60-70 all day and they just wave and the water is beautiful!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy steve View Post
    I've been going to lake George for 6 years the speed limit is basically non existent i don't know why they have it but i pass cops going 60-70 all day and they just wave and the water is beautiful!
    hahah same with me, i don't think they pay too much mind to the speed restrictions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information