Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Rxp 300

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Tampa,FL
    Posts
    89
    +1
    5

    Rxp 300

    So about a month ago now my ski overheated and when I brought it into the dealer they found water in the oil. Well they couldn't find a part that failed so they did the boil out procedure and the ski worked fine again. This is maybe two weeks later now. Today my ski would top out at 60 mph which was 7000 rpms. The ski would on and off go to 8,000 out of a hole shot but then back down to 7000 even holding it wide open. When I got home today I checked my coolant level and it was at the min level? Does anyone think I have a coolant leak somewhere. I haven't modified anything besides putting a Scom in


  2. #2
    Got Boost? psycho rxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Posts
    5,453
    +1
    182
    head gasket maybe

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    boost junkie skidoochris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison, Mi
    Posts
    4,645
    +1
    507
    coolant should go up after a ride (hot)
    never down

  5. +1 by:


  6. #4
    russ_young's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Seychelles
    Posts
    8
    Hey guys, I know this isn't 300 related but I need help, I own a rxpx 260 and the last time I used it the coolant was almost below its minimum mark after a days use. I had not seen the problem until after I had finished the day. Coolant at the bottom of the hull but no idea where it is leaking from. Engine did not overheat and have no error codes. Any ideas of where it could be leaking?

  7. #5
    head gasket!?

  8. +1 by:


  9. #6
    russ_young's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Seychelles
    Posts
    8
    What are other factors that affect it if it may be a head gasket? thanks

  10. #7
    Alexis300rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    78
    +1
    6
    Can you see coolant in the hull? If yes then you have a leak somewhere. If it evaporates then your engine is probably toasted. Check head gasket.

  11. #8
    Alexis300rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    78
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by russ_young View Post
    Hey guys, I know this isn't 300 related but I need help, I own a rxpx 260 and the last time I used it the coolant was almost below its minimum mark after a days use. I had not seen the problem until after I had finished the day. Coolant at the bottom of the hull but no idea where it is leaking from. Engine did not overheat and have no error codes. Any ideas of where it could be leaking?
    Start by putting pressure in the coolant tank and look for any leaks. probably you have a loose clamp somewhere.

  12. #9
    russ_young's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Seychelles
    Posts
    8

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis300rs View Post
    Start by putting pressure in the coolant tank and look for any leaks. probably you have a loose clamp somewhere.
    Yes coolant was in the back of the hull and the markings were below minimum. Have run a pressure test but they did not manage to find the leak. Similar to a post I saw about another incident where they couldnt find the leak with pressure testing it. Any known or possible leaking areas? Thanks

  13. #10
    Alexis300rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    78
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by russ_young View Post
    Yes coolant was in the back of the hull and the markings were below minimum. Have run a pressure test but they did not manage to find the leak. Similar to a post I saw about another incident where they couldnt find the leak with pressure testing it. Any known or possible leaking areas? Thanks
    I dont know mate! Just check all possible clamps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RXP 300 exhaust Manifold Tap for o2
    By FallinOffHurts in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-07-2016, 01:11 PM
  2. 2016 RXP 300 Pre Order Prices - FL Dealers
    By FallinOffHurts in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-27-2015, 05:09 PM
  3. New faster temp sensor om Rxp 300!
    By VTECH.SE in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-12-2015, 10:17 PM
  4. Thoughts on 2016 RXP 300
    By WickedXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 06:48 PM
  5. Rxp 300 rs
    By bosch in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-30-2012, 10:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •