Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

16 Wake pro 215-Swamped by dealer

As the title says. They replaced the grate and did not put it back together properly. It was docked and come out to find the thing almost completely under water.

Immediately took it to the dealer and they claimed fault. Said they dried everything and it runs good.

This ski is less than a month old. They are offering another year of warranty if I pay 300$ which I am unaware of why I have to pay anything as I was not at fault for any of this.

Anyone else have a dealer swamp a brand new jet ski and what course of action did you take?

+1
    If it's brand spankin' new, demand a new ski. That's preposterously ridiculous. It doesn't matter if it started right up. Electronics were submerged, even partially, meaning long term you WILL have issues.
    If you pay the $300, you're accepting whatever happens in the future, and they will, I guarantee it, deny future warranty when mysterious 'things' start happening because of this.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JosephM View Post
    As the title says. They replaced the grate and did not put it back together properly. It was docked and come out to find the thing almost completely under water.

Immediately took it to the dealer and they claimed fault. Said they dried everything and it runs good.

This ski is less than a month old. They are offering another year of warranty if I pay 300$ which I am unaware of why I have to pay anything as I was not at fault for any of this.

Anyone else have a dealer swamp a brand new jet ski and what course of action did you take?
    That's pretty ridiculous for them to ask for the $300 to extend your warranty 1 year. Hell it should be free for their mistake

+1
    i would not take that ski back...i had a ski sink on me and it was never right again.

Exactly my thought. I do not want this ski anymore for fear of future issues. I want a new 16 Wake pro 215 that has not been sunk and they can resell this one.

If the dealer is not willing to do this, What steps would you guys take? get insurance invovled? contact BRP?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JosephM View Post
    Exactly my thought. I do not want this ski anymore for fear of future issues. I want a new 16 Wake pro 215 that has not been sunk and they can resell this one.

If the dealer is not willing to do this, What steps would you guys take? get insurance invovled? contact BRP?
    if you had insurance that should have been first to contact in this situation. Since the dealer messed up I'm sure the insurance will be happy to help you since someone has pockets for them to reimburse from.

+1
    I'd get on the phone with BRP. You're not at fault and you shouldn't have to contact your insurance. If financed I'd also be calling the finance company. You're paying for a time bomb. The dealer should give you another ski or take it back and you walk away.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guidoo View Post
    I'd get on the phone with BRP. You're not at fault and you shouldn't have to contact your insurance. If financed I'd also be calling the finance company. You're paying for a time bomb. The dealer should give you another ski or take it back and you walk away.
    that's what his insurance agent is paid for. They'll get on the phone with brp and the dealer and believe me, they have a lot more pull.

+1
    Tell the stealer ship to take there swamp donkey and shove it up there jackass.

the intake grate? How long was it docked for?
    The really messed something up for that to happen. I was accused of a similar situation
    only to find out the ski was tied to the dock, tied went out and ski floats under dock then tied comes in
    and sinks it. Good luck buddy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information