+1

Helpfull oil filter cross reference

I just wanted to put this out there for some of the newer members on here. I recently discovered this season that a 2013 mazdaspeed3 with the 2.3 di turbo engine uses the same oil filter that goes on our yamaha 1.8 sho/svho! Ive always ran k&n hp1002 instead of an oem oil filter because i think oem filters are a ripoff! One day i was going to buy stuff to change the oil in my girlfriends mazdaspeed when i realized it takes the same size filter as my ski!! So long story short if you wanna run diffrent filters go to your local parts store and search under 2013 mazdaspeed3, and buy what filter you favor. I tend to run either wix filters or lately i been running motorcraft fl910s , since im a ford guy lol. Motorcraft oilfilters are made by purolator and there quality is great, also there like 5dollars a filter!! Untill someone can give me a reason why oem yamaha filters price is crazy high i will continue to run alternate filters!! Hope this can help someone out, i posted a pic about it on the greenhulk facebook fourms a few weeks ago too

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneedragger85 View Post
    I just wanted to put this out there for some of the newer members on here. I recently discovered this season that a 2013 mazdaspeed3 with the 2.3 di turbo engine uses the same oil filter that goes on our yamaha 1.8 sho/svho! Ive always ran k&n hp1002 instead of an oem oil filter because i think oem filters are a ripoff! One day i was going to buy stuff to change the oil in my girlfriends mazdaspeed when i realized it takes the same size filter as my ski!! So long story short if you wanna run diffrent filters go to your local parts store and search under 2013 mazdaspeed3, and buy what filter you favor. I tend to run either wix filters or lately i been running motorcraft fl910s , since im a ford guy lol. Motorcraft oilfilters are made by purolator and there quality is great, also there like 5dollars a filter!! Untill someone can give me a reason why oem yamaha filters price is crazy high i will continue to run alternate filters!! Hope this can help someone out, i posted a pic about it on the greenhulk facebook fourms a few weeks ago too
    My dealer price matches.
    But 5 is cheap. But OEM is 7 bucks more.

There is an oil filter thread that shows some differences in the element and a check valve that is metal or none iirc

Important thing is changing it at 50hrs.

+1
    I change oil every 30hrs religiously, i believe it helps extend the life of the supercharger clutch, figured if i keep clean oil in it, will wear less!

+1
    I change oil every 30hrs religiously, i believe it helps extend the life of the supercharger clutch, figured if i keep clean oil in it, will wear less!
    Here are some others

Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    napa gold 1348
    wix 51348
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    napa gold is made by wix, wix filters are one of the best filters in the industry. And is not made by paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    I found it in Mobil 1 on their cross reference page. M1-102

$12.51 on Amazon.

K&N 1002 $11.79 on Amazon.

I only have 50 ish hours on my ski and Ive changed the oil and filter 4 times. I use nappa filters and Rotella T6 oil.

Im spinning the engine at around 9,200 RPM.

Thread Information