Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49
  1. #1
    Greggpru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    1,520
    +1
    138

    What is the limit of the close loop ?

    Installed my ET 137+4 today and took her for a ride , I did 3 pulls and next thing I know I get a high temp alarm, pull the seat and coolant is blowing out of the cap. When I first pulled the seat I may have turned the cap but I can't remember 100% I just reacted to the situation when I saw the coolant coming out, so it is possible when I was installing the charger I hit the coolant tank and the cap turned to the vent position. Huge difference with the 137 , before with the Xcharger I was at 8500 70.1 mph and today I was pinned at 8950 with a 14/19 gps read 74.6 mph . So when do I need to go to open loop ? I'm trying to stay away from it because I ride saltwater every other weekend. You can see my mods in my signature. Thanks guys.


  2. #2
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,577
    +1
    744
    That's too much RPMs to be going that slow, add some pitch as you might be close to limiter, I'm guessing 9k, where the ECU will pull timing.

    You might be pushing the limits of the head gasket at those RPMs. I know I started to leak a bit at over 8700, took off the valve cover and added some torque to the stock head bolts. Some of them moved with less than 40 ft-lb, I know they are stretch but that's low so I bumped them all to 85.

  3. #3
    Greggpru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    1,520
    +1
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    That's too much RPMs to be going that slow, add some pitch as you might be close to limiter, I'm guessing 9k, where the ECU will pull timing.
    Yes 9000 ,I'm putting in the 15/20 tomorrow so that will drop me hopefully 400 rpm , hopefully pick up 1-1.5mph

  4. #4
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,577
    +1
    744
    You've done your flywheel bolts right?

  5. #5
    Greggpru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    1,520
    +1
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    You've done your flywheel bolts right?
    ARP head,rod,rocker shaft,and Flywheel.

  6. #6
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,577
    +1
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by Greggpru View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    You've done your flywheel bolts right?
    ARP head,rod,rocker shaft,and Flywheel.
    Nice

  7. #7
    Kmorningstar_rxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Port orange, Fla
    Posts
    1,671
    +1
    166
    Coolant blowing out isn't good.... When mine did that the hg was bad. I would check again and run it hard and see what it does.

  8. #8
    Greggpru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    1,520
    +1
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmorningstar_rxp View Post
    Coolant blowing out isn't good.... When mine did that the hg was bad. I would check again and run it hard and see what it does.
    I'm gonna check it out tomorrow , I'm hoping it was just the cap not on all the way. I was only out today for 15 mins before the alarm went on . What temp does the alarm go off at?

  9. #9
    Did you see any black specs in the coolant tank ?

  10. #10
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,341
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Greggpru View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmorningstar_rxp View Post
    Coolant blowing out isn't good.... When mine did that the hg was bad. I would check again and run it hard and see what it does.
    I'm gonna check it out tomorrow , I'm hoping it was just the cap not on all the way. I was only out today for 15 mins before the alarm went on . What temp does the alarm go off at?
    Goes off at 230*F

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. what is the best way to change the colour of my ski?
    By balbaa in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 09:11 PM
  2. what is the best way to change the colour of my ski?
    By balbaa in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 01:29 PM
  3. What Is The Advantage of UMI Bars?
    By Camy1448 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 08:18 PM
  4. what is the pitch of stock prop
    By blue5speed in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 09:55 PM
  5. What is the draft of new Kawi x250?
    By BlackJack1 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 10:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •