+1

08 RXT-X Tunnel Re-enforcement

I am going to be adding some more goodies to the ol' T-X & wanted to get opinions on the pump tunnel. I have owned the ski since new & ride smooth water only. Ski has never seen ocean riding & never will. Speed with mods should be around 80+. Are the tunnel pressures at 80 cause for concern? What is the best way to re-enforce? Does anyone have really detailed instructions? The only thing I have found is the 3 part vid on YouTube & wondering if that is the best/correct way?

+1
    I seen a lot of TX hulls blow the tunnel apart in stock form. I would drill the hole under the VTS, remove the foam and fill with epoxy. Then I would wrap the tunnel with a bunch of layers of some good quality fiberglass and resin. I also did a few layers on the inside of my tunnel because I knew id be over 80 and wanted extra support.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    I seen a lot of TX hulls blow the tunnel apart in stock form. I would drill the hole under the VTS, remove the foam and fill with epoxy. Then I would wrap the tunnel with a bunch of layers of some good quality fiberglass and resin. I also did a few layers on the inside of my tunnel because I knew id be over 80 and wanted extra support.
    When re-mounting the VTS bracket do you simply mount back into the repaired area? It looks like in the vid I watched there is a piece of metal in there from the factory. Also, when you say the "inside" of the tunnel are you referring to underneath the ski? Does changing the dimensions of the tunnel have a neg affect? Did you sand all the gel coat away down to the glass & add from there?

Thread Information