Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: T3 nose bounce?

  1. #1
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,582
    +1
    744

    Question T3 nose bounce?

    Do you guys run top speed runs with trim up top?

    I've noticed that at 80+ on the dash with the trim maxed out it's starting to bounce even on smooth water. I haven't had a chance to try lower trim settings yet but it definitely feels like it's losing speed with that nose bounce.


  2. #2
    connorrxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    ontario/Michigan
    Posts
    1,008
    +1
    153
    Mine with jims plate doesn't bounce at all, nose is up and ass planted in the water. If I hit a small wave it bounces until I let off the throttle and "reset.

  3. #3
    boost junkie skidoochris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison, Mi
    Posts
    4,653
    +1
    508
    when its starts to bounce, try sliding your ass up tight to the front
    that usually does the trick

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,296
    +1
    870
    You may need to shim your tabs a little or they may be warped. Check them with a straight edge. Could be something else but I would start there. Are you still on stock grate? Riva grate might be worth trying but you'll loose some speed. I'm on a jims plate now and no bounce. I did go down that road before the plate. Just can't remember if I had it fixed before the plate.

  5. #5
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,582
    +1
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    You may need to shim your tabs a little or they may be warped. Check them with a straight edge. Could be something else but I would start there. Are you still on stock grate? Riva grate might be worth trying but you'll loose some speed. I'm on a jims plate now and no bounce. I did go down that road before the plate. Just can't remember if I had it fixed before the plate.
    Tabs themselves are flat, they aren't flat with the hull though, the front of the tab is slightly below the hull line.

    Stock grate.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,296
    +1
    870
    I had mine off to try the riva billet tabs, but they had fitment issues at the time so I sent them back. I feel like I shimmed them but I'll have to measure them and compare them to my px300...now I'm curious. I had oscillation around 80 so I know what your saying. No movement around on the seat or trim setting really helped. I'm pretty sure I was on the riva grate the whole time so it's probably not a grate issue.

  7. #7
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,582
    +1
    744
    Will play around with trim and sitting position this weekend. I only tried trim all the way up and sitting back.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,296
    +1
    870
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Will play around with trim and sitting position this weekend. I only tried trim all the way up and sitting back.
    is it noticeable with a full tank vs low tank?

  9. #9
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,582
    +1
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Will play around with trim and sitting position this weekend. I only tried trim all the way up and sitting back.
    is it noticeable with a full tank vs low tank?

    Can't remember noticing it on a full tank, just noticed it at the end of the day when it was on low fuel. With the bounce it ran the same speed as on full tank.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Solas Nose Cone Replacement O-Rings
    By 1FastTrespiper in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2006, 05:29 PM
  2. How do you keep nose cone on?
    By Pale Rider in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 04:37 PM
  3. 3 km/h nose cone???
    By BDNJ in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 10:21 AM
  4. Nose cone coming off.
    By Mark S in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-20-2005, 03:48 PM
  5. Bouncing off the rev limiter, Yay or Nay
    By Gforce in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-29-2005, 01:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •