Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2016 RXPX 300 rough idle

Just picked up a new 300 and i noticed that after letting it idle for a min or so it get rough and vibrates a lot. give it a bleep of gas and it smooths out for a little then back to rough idle. just wondering if its common.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2011gti View Post
    Just picked up a new 300 and i noticed that after letting it idle for a min or so it get rough and vibrates a lot. give it a bleep of gas and it smooths out for a little then back to rough idle. just wondering if its common.
    I feel like it's just the nature of the beast...

+1
    Mine did the same thing until I got some hours on it. Once it is broken and you should be able to let it idle for a long period time it will be OK

Quote Originally Posted by Jwall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2011gti View Post
    I feel like it's just the nature of the beast...
    yeah wasnt bad enough to call the dealership or anything was just wondering, and yes its a beast at 2hrs it opened up a lot

+1
    See my post on this. On two occasions in 20 hours, mine has started smoothly then started idling very rough - like it was missing on a cylinder. I shut it off, pulled the key, pressed start plugged the key back in and restarted it. The problem was gone. Not sure if that is what you are experiencing, but if it is, try restarting it to see if that resolves it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AZRIVERBOY View Post
    Mine did the same thing until I got some hours on it. Once it is broken and you should be able to let it idle for a long period time it will be OK
    same for me as well. I'd change the plugs around 20ish hours as well. I waited till 65 and my ski ran smoother...should've done it earlier. When I say smoother less vibration in the trigger at full throttle. My hand tends to get numb from the smallest vibrations...changing the plugs helped a lot.

+1
    Read bobs thread .. It's the transition from cold to normal map in ecu . BRP is not going to write an ecu fix unless enough alert them. Between both my 300's it's happened about 3 total times in almost 40 hours. Notice watch on engine temp display it happens around 160F engine temp.

+1
    I complained about this in December when I bought my ski, it was never taken care of until the head bolt/ecu update was performed. Mine would do it as soon as I started the engine and would proceed underway. As a matter of fact, it'd do it on the trailer.
    Hot or cold it didn't matter, any prolonged idle would make it feel like it dropped a cylinder.
    Not really sure what ecu update was done at that point but it disappeared after the update.

+1
    Try shutting it off, pulling the key and restarting. On mine that cures the problem immediately. I've only experienced it 3 times in 21 hours

+1
    Yep that's the fix as the next start the ecu realizes that the engine is warm and goes right to the right map

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information