Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,129
    +1
    67

    Different handlebar look

    Messing around in the garage tonight. I hate the Yamaha steering look and won't spend a million dollars on Riva's system. What do you guys think? I would paint everything black and get a black bar pad.



    ATTACH=CONFIG]397736[/ATTACH]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160831_201820.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	397737
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160831_201915.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	397736  


  2. #2
    badjoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Fairfield, CT
    Posts
    1,493
    +1
    135
    Nope,still ugly even if painted black, OEM mounts are cheesy looking, sorry!

    This be nice:


  3. #3
    I like the idea . Cause I use my adjustable steering all the time . I wish riva would have kept that function .

  4. +1 by:

    WFO

  5. #4
    IMO anything looks better than stock.I would however would get a shorter crossbar that way the foam will sit parallel to the grips like it is suppose to.Otherwise good job !

  6. #5
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,129
    +1
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by FXSlowKroozer View Post
    IMO anything looks better than stock.I would however would get a shorter crossbar that way the foam will sit parallel to the grips like it is suppose to.Otherwise good job !
    The problem with that is the post. As it is right now I lose the lowest setting on height.

  7. #6
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,273
    +1
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by h2jim View Post
    Messing around in the garage tonight. I hate the Yamaha steering look and won't spend a million dollars on Riva's system. What do you guys think? I would paint everything black and get a black bar pad.



    ATTACH=CONFIG]397736[/ATTACH]
    I think it looks pretty good, especially when painted and with the bar pad. What if you threw some nicer hardware on there too? Like replace those stock bolts maybe with some colored titanium ones. Would add a little something different.

  8. #7
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,129
    +1
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by FXSlowKroozer View Post
    IMO anything looks better than stock.I would however would get a shorter crossbar that way the foam will sit parallel to the grips like it is suppose to.Otherwise good job !
    The problem with that is the post. As it is right now I lose the lowest setting on height.

  9. #8
    badjoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Fairfield, CT
    Posts
    1,493
    +1
    135

  10. #9
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,129
    +1
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by h2jim View Post
    Messing around in the garage tonight. I hate the Yamaha steering look and won't spend a million dollars on Riva's system. What do you guys think? I would paint everything black and get a black bar pad.



    ATTACH=CONFIG]397736[/ATTACH]
    I think it looks pretty good, especially when painted and with the bar pad. What if you threw some nicer hardware on there too? Like replace those stock bolts maybe with some colored titanium ones. Would add a little something different.
    I think you're right. I am going to paint it black and then get some red bolts and see if that dresses it up any.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. A different look.....
    By peteshauling in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 08:58 PM
  2. what handlebars look best on 15f?
    By wave15stx in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 05:52 AM
  3. Big Guy... 2006 or 2007 RXP (handlebars different?)? Buying tomorrow.
    By Mikey G. in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 04:13 PM
  4. Different look!? Help decide
    By Chrisrokc in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 03:48 PM
  5. different looking clock
    By Lvnspeed in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 03:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •