Unhappy Advice needed! Loss of power on a GP1300R

Hi all,
    I got that pwc in June 2016 (injected). It used to work perfectly fine till yesterday. The rpm does not go above 4000, just like if the engine was flooding or to rich. I checked the spark plugs and managed to make the engine start on every single cylinder, one at the time. It smoked grey as before, so should not be an oil issue. When on the trailer, it seems to run fine and prime up to 7000 rpm. On the water, no more than 4000. The exhaust valves do not seem to work as nothing moves before 6000 rpm. Any idea?
    Thank you in advance.
    S.

+1
    What year?

2004, fuel injection.

+1
    Check compression and the powervalves make sure they cycle.

Is there a setting or tune up to perform on the PVs? Do they reset automatically with a computer? Nothing moves (the shaft) before 6000 rpm.

Check compression!

Compression seems fine and even for all 3 cylinders. Thanks for your time.

+1
    Mark one of the couplers with some paint, etc that makes it easily seem. Ride it with the seat off and watch the marked coupler. The PV'S open around 5000 rpm. There isn't any variable opening, they are either open or shut. If the engine goes on the rev limiter the ecm will shut the valves to try and limit rpm. That being said, if they cycle with the engine off, they usually work with the engine running. I would be more inclined to think you had an overheat sensor problem. Eliminate the valves as the problem, and look at the sensor next. Good luck, keep us posted, we will help all we can.

Thanks for your reply. I went to a Yamaha dealer that does not carry marine product. However an employee who owns 3 Waverunners told me that I may have clogged the cooling system with grass or etc. The computer could have triggered a safety device. I havent seen any temp light go off. I just rid it over 1000 ft and could not go past 40 mph. I am looking for water inlet. Is it in the impeller? Is it protected with a screen/grill?

Thanks for your reply. I went to a Yamaha dealer that does not carry marine product. However an employee who owns 3 Waverunners told me that I may have clogged the cooling system with grass or etc. The computer could have triggered a safety device. I havent seen any temp light go off. I just rid it over 1000 ft and could not go past 40 mph. I am looking for water inlet. Is it in the impeller? Is it protected with a screen/grill? The Pvs cycle when I shut it down and and 6000 rpm. It happened all of a sudden at when I left the deck. I could not go far.

Thread Information