Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bilge pump saved my.... poll

So after 4 months of it sitting on my shelf I took the time to fabricate a bracket for my bilge pump, I basically mimicked seadoo mount so I could use stock location, I however routed my outlet right next to the seat latch, man just in the nick of time, had a jet pump issue and tried to nurse it back, but then the exhaust got hot and melted a thumb size hole in the resonator box, what a relief to hit a switch and save your own a..... got towed in and now I'm going to dit h the resonator, but just wanted to say thanks to those who preach bilge pump on skis, I've always been a believe but ran short on time this summer, but glad I finally did just days before or she'd be gone.

So how many of you have been saying ed by this cheap mod that only takes a couple hours and should be an oem item?

+1
    I run twins on my conversion, one auto one manual, I mounted the auto higher up so if I see water come out I'm in trouble and kick the second one on. 1000 gph should keep this thing afloat no matter what. Everyone should install one in my opinion.

+1
    I had a intercooler on my 08 rxtx that wore a hole on the back tank from rubbing . ski felt heavy so I flicked on my 1000 bilge pump with a 3/4 hose . it was pumping water out for 5 minutes, water was past the charger in the hull . close to sinking . I rode it 15 minutes back to shore ... bilge pump saved me !

I cannot believe that a $25 electric bilge pump is not an OEM item on a $15,000 machine. It blows my mind that someone at SeaDoo thinks saving this $25 is worthwhile.

i installed my bilge pump on my 2015 RXPX before it had even 1 hour on the clock. Quite frankly I just don't trust it. I know what can go wrong, so why not.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicgun View Post
    I run twins on my conversion, one auto one manual, I mounted the auto higher up so if I see water come out I'm in trouble and kick the second one on. 1000 gph should keep this thing afloat no matter what...
    I am not following this logic. Why would you want to delay knowing there is water coming in?

+1
    I think he means the outflow outlet

+1
    I'm running a tsunami 1200 11/8" discharge and it saved my butt a couple of times when I was having carbon seal issues. I was running a bilgemate solid state switch but it failed on me one time and blew the fuse and I barely made it back to the ramp, the water was over the s/c so now I just run a manual switch and it is now habit to turn it on every so often . Unfortunately I have had water in my hull so many times I can tell the difference in handling when I have just a couple inches of water in the hull.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKman View Post
    I think he means the outflow outlet
    bingo

Quote Originally Posted by Greggpru View Post
    I'm running a tsunami 1200 11/8" discharge and it saved my butt a couple of times when I was having carbon seal issues. I was running a bilgemate solid state switch but it failed on me one time and blew the fuse and I barely made it back to the ramp, the water was over the s/c so now I just run a manual switch and it is now habit to turn it on every so often . Unfortunately I have had water in my hull so many times I can tell the difference in handling when I have just a couple inches of water in the hull.
    How is that tsunami treating you? I am now thinking of a second pump.

+1
    The pump is great , pumps like a SOB.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information