Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1993 Polaris Sl 750

Nice day of riding. At the end of the day my 650 would not start. Solenoid clicks. Installed another texted starter and another parts solenoid and still same result. I jumped the solenoid nothing. I checked the terminals and 12v+ going in and 12v+ going out to the starter when pushing start. Leaning towards the bendix now.

My 750 runs but after getting weeds sucked in and cleaning a bunch of times I'm starting to think something is clogged and the engine was over heating. It bogs down when hitting the gas and stalling out. Iv changed all the necessary upgrades to the fuel. It ran perfect until the following day of being left in the water overnight. And the gas was left on. I thought maybe flooded the engine at first but stumped once again.

So I quickly observed the SL 750. Checked the piston wash the a light through the spark plug holes. Hard to see it all accurately but it looks like it's lean. No small clean surfaces on the piston heads. Spark plugs look dry and black/brown. One looked a little wet/brown chocolate. I assuming it's a carb issue

Quote Originally Posted by lemmer18 View Post
    Nice day of riding. At the end of the day my 650 would not start. Solenoid clicks. Installed another texted starter and another parts solenoid and still same result. I jumped the solenoid nothing. I checked the terminals and 12v+ going in and 12v+ going out to the starter when pushing start. Leaning towards the bendix now.

My 750 runs but after getting weeds sucked in and cleaning a bunch of times I'm starting to think something is clogged and the engine was over heating. It bogs down when hitting the gas and stalling out. Iv changed all the necessary upgrades to the fuel. It ran perfect until the following day of being left in the water overnight. And the gas was left on. I thought maybe flooded the engine at first but stumped once again.

Is the starter motor even making noise and just maybe not engaging the bendix? I had that issue with my 95 750. The starter would spin but the Bendix didn't engage. I took the front cover off and sprayed the bendix with some garage door lube and it started working. I plan on replacing it though.

The sl650 was the starter just replaced it with one purchased from k447. The sl750 is my next issue. Just bogs down. Similar to when the weeds get stuck in the intake but also just dies can't keep it running. Had a good couple days on it than randomly started acting up. I'll have to check the compression for first

So I check my compression on the SL750 with the brand new top end . 118 / 118 / 60 (PTO). This solved my bogging problem. Took the jug off and I have a failed rod bearing. So my next step is finding a good or rebuilt crankshaft. I looked on shopSBT looking like 245US plus shipping to Canada. Anyone have any other options?

I have completed dismantle and now cleaning the bottom crank case. The PTO piston location has minor to medium scoring. You could tell it's there feels abit rough. Is that okay or should I replace the bottom crank cases?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3130.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	416512  

+1
    No need to replace the cases. Just sand them down so there is nothing sticking out....

Perfect that's what I thought. I'll most likely be ordering a crankshaft from SBT. Assuming a rebuilt product from them is the cheapest and best solution than trying to have someone around here rebuild my crankshaft.

New Crank install.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0294.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	117.5 KB 
ID:	418155  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information