Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry 1993 Kawasaki 750 ss 2 stroke

I need some help I have bought a 1993 750 ss here is my problem and i have no clue what to check so maybe one can help me its runs great for about a hour on the water and stalls u can start it right back up and drive it but stalls 5 min later then from that point the more u drive it the more it stalls to the point u cant go 5 feet with out it stalling now i have put two new plugs in it took it back out did the same thing now i do notice about a in of water in the bottom of the ski itself was thinking it was cause of the water but all the water goes to the back when u hit the gas It seems to be a fuel delivery issue but 100%

If it was sitting to long perhaps the carbs are due for a rebuild

that was my thinking but is the inch of water in the bottom normal would that cause it to stall??? im new to this so i have no clue to where to even start but the common since stuff

+1
    Check for a exhaust leak.

well i took it out last night it seems to have about 7 in of water in the bottom of the ski when u hit the gas it throws water on the top of the motor is it sposed to have water in the bottom could this be a issue and as far as the exhaust leak that has crossed my mind but why would it run good for a hour or slash half a tank of gas then chuggs and stalls

+1
    You need to fix the water leak first then come back to the running issue. Could be the through hull seal leaking or a cooling water line.

its alot of water for only a hour ride so im going to dry it out put it in the river with the seat off and run it and see where its coming from thanks guys be back soon to tell you what i found

Don't do that.

Just back the trailer in the water until the pump is fully submerged, take the seat off, start it and lightly give it a little gas. You'll be able to see where it's coming from.

If you had 7in of water after riding for an hour then it's def pouring in at a much faster rate than your siphon bilge can empty it. So it should be pretty easy to spot IMO.

so there is suposed to be a little water cause i was told there was suposed to be none i also noticed a little water in the back round storage compartment as u slow down and the wake catches up it runs right in to the back is it possible the water could be coming from the back storage compartment to the engine compartment???

+1
    Yes, that is possible, but it shouldn't get 7in deep. There isn't supposed to be any water LEAKING into the hull from the waterbox, cooling lines, or through hull seal, but you will get a little splashed in. The bilge system is supposed to suck that minor amount out. Do like Gabagool said and leave it attached to the trailer and run it with the seat off to see if you can see a leak. If it is in fact all coming from your wake, then you need to clean the bilge screens and make sure the little bleed hole in the plastic elbow at the top of the bilge system is clear. Also, you should probably ask Kawasaki specific questions in the Kawasaki forum as all these machines have there own quirks.

The round compartment in the back is for the fire extingisher and should be sealed, so no water should be coming in there. The lid has an o-ring and the base should be sealed to the hull.
    Last edited by DavidR; 08-31-2016 at 12:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information