CEL P0344 turns into P0337

Hey Guys,
    First thanks for helping. I have read as many threads as I can find regarding my issue. Some have help narrow down but wouid like more conclusive results. Here it goes...
    I have a 2003 GTX limited Supercharge 185hp Seadoo.
    Super charger was rebuilt as maintence 2 years ago. ECU was replaced last year due to battery draining.
    8 hours have been logged since ECU. Havnt used this year. Went to start it on trailer last night to test and the throws P0344(Cam phase sensor signal missing). It did run after 3 attemps on cranking. i started it 3 times. Same CEL. Ok so i come on here and get info and start testing... check wires/harness'. Call it a night and start again in the AM. Double check the PCW God didnt come by in the middle of the night and fix it. i try and start it again. It wont start. Now I have just the P0337 code(No CPS signal, but CAPS signal detected). Come back here, get more info and test that sensor. It checks out good. resistance is in tolerance and good cranking voltage. Any one have any ideas where to look/test next? Im starting to lean towards bad ECU, but its only got 8 hours in it..

+1
    Thinking you've got corroded connection somewhere. Take every connector off and clean with qd cleaner from parts store. Dielectric grease everything and try again. My 185 harness threw all sorts of codes when I first got my ski running after sitting for a year or so.

Wish it was that simple. Everything is clean. Checked all fuses and connections.

+1
    Ecu that is new wont go bad just sitting... Get a manual and start checking ohms and resistance in the wires. Sometimes the pins get corroded and won't make a good connection. If you say the sensor is good and checks out. Also know anyone close with a ski that you could try there ecu? Or your ecu in there ski?? Can be any rxp 04-05 or rxt

+1
    Had the same thing happen to my 04 RXP 215. Did a continuity test from the crank position sensor back to the ECU. it ended up being corrosion in the plug from the CPS wire to the ECU. I ended up cutting the wire from the back of the plug and joined the two together and it started. I then replaced the plug with a new one and all was fixed. I was told that they can build up moisture over time and loose continuity in the wire. Check that out and see how you go.

+1
    I also had a P 0344 code on my 04 RXP 215 and it was a broken cam chain. Check that your cam is spinning.

Thread Information