+1

2015 FZS Low Fuel Buzzer broken

My low fuel buzzer has stopped working. The icon does not blink nor does is it beep anymore. I have a service manual and I'm going to test that the buzzer is still working but the fact that the icon does not blink as well probably means something a little more complicated.

Has anyone experienced this issue ?

+1
    So no one has had this problem??

+1
    does your fuel gauge still read correctly? Remove front access door and check to see if all electrical plugs are snaped together tight under gauge cluster.

+1
    Thanks for the reply.
    I checked the connections on the fuel tank as well as the gauge cluster. They all appeared to be snug. I even unplugged them and re-snapped them in. The gauge still works correctly and I ran it today until it sputtered after showing one bar for awhile. At this point, it would usually beep and the fuel icon would flash. I refilled it and it took 16 1/2 gallons.

I have a five year warranty so I'll take it in during the off-season but I was hoping it might be an easy fix.

If you have warranty why are you even on here asking questions? Dealership should be step 1..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Floon34 View Post
    If you have warranty why are you even on here asking questions? Dealership should be step 1..
    That would be fine if it was the off-season but I want to ride right now. I have a great dealership with an awesome mechanic there but he said he's never had any skis with this problem. That is why I was hoping this awesome forum would be able to help me.

+1
    I would carry a good quality sealed gas can (2gal) in the nose of the ski and run it completely out of gas to be sure you may have not gotten low enough to trip the buzzer. Just as a test.

8. +1 by:

+1
    So looking at a schematic from an earlier FZ (maybe 2010) the only fuel related sensor I see is the fuel sender (37) which is only 2 wires, goes directly to the dual analog meter unit (39) which I assume is the dash gauge cluster. So if I had to guess I would say the dual analog meter unit is what triggers the low fuel warning based on the info from the fuel sender unit. If your getting fuel quantity readings then connector A7 is probably ok. If you had a dash you could borrow to slave it in with your fuel level below 4 gallons that would confirm a bad dash unit. Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	204.0 KB 
ID:	398112   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	167.6 KB 
ID:	398111  

10. +1 by:

+1
    After looking at the last 2 replies and the fact that I ran the ski till it sputtered, I think that the fuel sender got bent somehow and can not go low enough.
    I will wait till it gets cold and then let the dealership fix it. The parts involved are way to expensive for me to mess with it.

Thanks for the replies!

Thread Information