Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Nobody's talking about the new Spark competitor "$6599" Yamaha 2017 Ex

Nobody's talking about the new Spark competitor "$6599" Yamaha 2017 Ex?

+1
    I think the Spark is safe if the EX is considered a competitor. The pricey one is $8599. I think that's the cost of a stage 2 or 3 Spark.....

+1
    The Spark is safe and has its own market as a customised small ski. The EX looks classier and sleeker, appeals to a more family based market then surf warrior. It also will be competitive on price. The EX also has a new 3 cylinder motor that outguns the spark engine for power and i expect it to be well received here in OZ. Two similar but different skis.

+1
    Well, itís still a large, comparably heavy, 3-seater so I would say that the reason is that itís no real competitor. Compared to the VX and the old V1 the EX is a lot lighter at 577lbs/260kg but compared to a 2up Spark at 405lbs/183kg or even the 3up at 421lbs/190kg itís still rather heavy.

If the EX is Yamahaís serious try to challenge the Spark I would say that they failed rather miserably as I see it. The V1 I could understand as a desperate measure to have something that could compare in price but the EX is not at all what the Spark is about.

To be honest I find it sad since Iím no brand fan boy, if Yamaha would sell something that appeal to me more than the Spark I would buy it in a heartbeat.

+1
    why would we talk about a yamaha on a spark forum?

seriously though I haven't even seen it advertised.

+1
    I immediately ruled it out because it's 50% heavier than the spark. Absolutely not a rival and it only has 10BHP more than the 90HO spark.

However their new GP1800 is definitely a good looking ski.

7. +1 by:

I think it is going to take a lot of spark sales. For the majority of spark buyers, weight doesn't matter. It is only 3" longer than a spark 3 up. It is comparable in performance, looks fantastic, and only $100 more than a spark 3 up. The spark was not designed with us in mind, it's main consumer is someone wanting a watercraft on a budget. I think Yamaha did well.

9. +1 by:

Either way, I'm happy to see the PWC market reviving for entry level machines. Competition among brands results in better products for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wire4Money View Post
    I think it is going to take a lot of spark sales. For the majority of spark buyers, weight doesn't matter. It is only 3" longer than a spark 3 up. It is comparable in performance, looks fantastic, and only $100 more than a spark 3 up. The spark was not designed with us in mind, it's main consumer is someone wanting a watercraft on a budget. I think Yamaha did well.
    I'm with you on that, I am currently looking for another ski to add to my spark, I have to be honest, I'm not happy the new gti-gts has polytec bottom, only has 90hp and is $7699

Why wouldn't I go for the new ex? at $6599, it has 100hp, fiber glass hull, it's a real 3 seater?, I don't care it weighs 100 lbs more, I love seadoo, but I want to be honest here

+1
    Having owned a 2015 3UP 90HO Spark, it didn't take long for me to sell it out of complete shame. A plastic impeller housing? A Little Tykes hull that needs a special decal material to stick to? Separate the ski into halves just to install a bilge pump? I mean damn, it's made from recycled Dasani bottles.

At least Yamaha stuck to fiberglass....

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information