Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    +1

Current Ultra 150 Ride plate and handlebar options

Picked up a couple Ultra 150's last week that have been sitting for 3 years. Going through them and replaceing all the fuel / oil lines, rebuilding carbs etc. I want to mod one of them a little bit, but im having trouble finding "The Best" parts for them now as they are discontinued.

Id love to find a used Shredmaster ride plate, but the only one I have found some clown is trying to sell on Ebay for $600.00. The only other option I'm seeing still available is Jet Dynamics. My question here would be is there any improvement from a JD plate VS stock ride plate?

Id also love to find a UMI steering setup, again, discontinued. What are my options as far as changing the bars out these days? I dont care for the looks of the stock bars and bad.

If anyone knows of any upgrades for a ultra laying around feel free to help a bother out!

shred masters are worth gold now that the maker has passed away and the kids have decided not to keep producing plates, youll have to just sit and wait one will turn up eventually. There was one on ebay a few weeks ago that went for 460 plus shipping, which is nuts since i purchased mine brand new for 325. the jet dynamics plate i am not sure of, i have only really heard of one person who runs it, just wait for a shred to come around. handle bars like the shreds the umi is gold, if you wait you will find one (took me 3 years to find a used one to come up for sale). you can swap out handle bars for a dirt bike style, i have seen one or two guys on here do that. with all honesty if you have cash in hand and you are just waiting for a umi or shred to come around just wait swapping the bars or putting a ride plate on you cannot resell is a waste specially if you plan on buying the parts once found. Also keep an eye out for a set of beach house sponsons!
    Last edited by turboman412; 08-16-2016 at 06:59 AM.

3. +1 by:

+1
    I don't know much about the JD plate but would wait for the shred to pop up. I got mine new for $325 and saw a used one go for $340 a few months back. Same with UMI neck, those are super hard to find! I took the stock bars off and dropped in some 4 degree stand up bars. They mount exactly the same so its easy swap with more stability. I'm happy with it until I can find a UMI neck. A friends ski and mine during the build

+1
    I would pay whatever it takes to get a shredmaster if I need another one. It's all about supply and demand there getting harder to find.

6. +1 by:

+1
    That's exactly what I'm looking to do for now! That's a good looking ultra you have! I didn't think stand up bars were that wide..... Or is there different lengths you can order? What seat cover are you running?

+1
    Thanks!! Its only about 2" narrower cause there straight out from mount. The 4 degree is a rise how they mount on the neck. Most runabout bars sweep back a little and tad wider. I prefer the straight bar feel of the stand up bars mounted on these necks. Seat cover is jettrim with colors and fabrics all hand picked by me out of their selection. They loved my cover when I told them what I wanted, said it was there favorite one made yet.

+1
    I just bought my first Ultra 150 3 weeks ago and have discovered the same thing. I was curious if there were pics of this stuff? I own a cnc machine shop and could possibly build some stuff like sponsons and steering stuff if I had pics and descriptions.

+1
    To remake the UMI neck someone will need to cough it up off the ski and send it in for a clone. I plan to make a few clones when I get my hands on one.

+1
    I just found a pic of a UMI neck on a 250. So it's just a neck that has a flat bar clamp on the top? Looks easy to make. I wouldn't need anything but the width if that's the case.

+1
    I have a 99 ultra with a blown #1 cylinder I'm letting go for 1800 Has all the goodies Group k flat top piston mod, umi, tripple pisser, aggressor sponsons, extended nozzle, solas, water filter, jet trim seat cover and a shredmaster plus a bunch of extra parts, I'm in North Cali

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information